The Gallery - The World We Live In - Red Ted Art's Blog

The Gallery – The World We Live In

| May 1, 2010 | 43 Comments

I am linking this up with      Purple challenge!

This week’s The Gallery challenge by Tara Cain, was “The World We Live In” – what are those gorgeous places around the world, that lift our spirits and fill our dreams? Where do we have our happiest memories or would like to go again.

All sorts of wonderful places sprang to mine – both The Englishman and I are keen travels, add to that, that we have a lot family and friends abroad and the opportunities are plentiful.

The places that I love the most however, are the unexpected ones. The ones you stumble across and take your breath away. Last spring we went to a Christening in Bedfordshire. We were a little early, so went on a detour. And stumbled across the most beautiful Bluebell Wood. We had forgotten our camera. Luckily The Englishman’s phone took “Ok” photos. Here are 3 (from about 50!!!). Aren’t they gorgeous?!

Sea of Bluebells

The 3 of us (Pip Squeak is on her way)

Red ted

The Path

I am also linking this with

I am also linking this with Jenny Matlock V is for Violet Woods (or as my 2.5yrs old would say “Indigo” his new favourite word!).

Previous Gallery Posts: Portrait

- 7 Sins – Pride

- Joy – Spring

- Ugly – These should be in a Tim Burton film

- Outside my front door

- Me

- Colour (Red Ted’s Bunny)

Category: Uncategorized

1. Those colours are so vivid it doesn’t seem natural!
    Beautiful choice. I’m still dithering over this one!

2. Oh, that is just beautiful. I adore bluebells.

CJ xx

3. AMAZING! We have a woods near us which fills with bluebells…I keep meaning to do just this! Well done you! ;)

Karin

4. Mirka Moore says:

Wow, very blue, nice pictures!

5. jfb57 says:

Oooo! My very favourite thing – a bluebell wood! Sadly there are not so many around now & they only stay with us for such a short while! Thank you for sharing!

6. Annie says:

I love bluebell woods, and stumbling across one unexpectedly is even better.

7. That is lovely. You can’t beat a sea of bluebells.

8. MrsW says:

Wow – gorgeous – I think I missed our bluebells this year – they must have popped out overnight and died soon after in this horribly squeezed into 3 day Spring we are having!

9. Sandrine says:

Beautiful! One thing I miss most from England is the bluebells. You don’t seem to get them anywhere else: I’ve never seen them in Turkey, and don’t know what they’re called in French.

10. Sandrine says:

Ha, I remember now. They’re called Campanules. Had to come back to say that! No idea what they are in Turkish though…

I will try and “honour” your return, by memorizing “Campanules” – can be my “random” knowledge of French!

11. Barbara says:

Beautiful pictures. I love bluebells but have never found a bluebell forest. It must be wonderful to turn around and see them in all their glory.

Yes, it was a very special “half hour” – so unexpected and beautiful :-) also, the title of the 3rd photo (it is white for some stupid reason), tells you that I am pregnant with Pip Squeak… so happy days indeed!!! ;-)

13. Nova says:

Yes they are gorgeous. :0)

14. Michelle says:

So jealous! Absolutely amazing, beautiful that time of year in the woods. It’s one of the few times you see blue instead of all shades of green.

15. parklover says:

Oh wow. They’re just starting to come out now aren’t they? I’ll be going for a walk in my local “bluebell” woods very soon!

Yes, such a beautiful sight and such a beautiful time of year… the neighbour’s bluebells are out, so I guess any bluebell woods will be glorious right now… go hunt them out ;-)

17. New Mummy says:

Love Bluebells!

18. mummylimited says:

Oh I love these pictures. I searched for some bluebell woods to do for this one but they were all closed during the week. They are all out now round here and are gorgeous. Perfect choice.

19. Oh pretty pretty, me likey lots!

20. Livi says:

Where I used to live we had a place known locally as “bluebell wood” and it was absolutely beautiful. There is something really magical about being surrounded by so many flowers and trees and so immersed in nature :)

21. Ginny Marie says:

Those pictures are gorgeous! I’m amazed that the colors are so brilliant just from a phone! Thanks for linking up! :)

22. LT says:

Oh it is just beautiful!! I love the way the path runs right in the middle of the Bluebells!

23. H says:

I love to see a bluebell wood. The colour is stunning.

24. Pearl Maple says:

Looks like a few of us are a fan of the book and everyone enjoys that beautiful view.

25. JDaniel4's Mom says:

This is such a beautiful place to walk. The violet path is wonderful.

26. Theresa says:

Very Beautiful!

27. Your bluebell woods is amazing! How delightful that you stumbled across it! Makes me smile to see it in the photos.

Made us smile when we stumbled across it! So pleased that the “phone camera” was just about good enough! Imagine, how amazing these would have been with a proper camera!!

28. Jo says:

what a beautiful spot to wander and walk and just admire …

29. Jenny says:

Oh, that heavenly path through violet blue. That photo just took my breath away. And that picture of beautiful you with your adorable son is amazing.

Do you have friends that watercolor? Both of those would make astonishing paintings!

Thank you for this very special link on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday’s Letter “V”!

These photos are just so dreamy and surreal!

Lovely!

A+

30. Jenny says:

PS. Sorry for my overabundance of exclamation points in my comment! I was just totally blown away!

Aaah, bless you. What a lovely comment :-) and you know, I also use far too many exclamation marks!! I try very hard not to, but they keep appearing. Really appreciate your lovely thoughts. Thank you! xx

31. Viki says:

Wow, those pictures are beautiful. It’s like a sea of flowers just gorgeous.

32. Amanda says:

Wow! This place looks like something out of a fairy tale! What a wonderful thing to stumble across.

33. Joni says:

Wow! What a lucky find! Those bluebells are stupendous and I doubt that I would have wanted to leave such beauty! Joni

34. What a beautiful blue-violet forest! And I know that it only lasts a short time. Good timing that you recorded this.
    We had a beautiful spring, but now everything is bloomed out!
    Best wishes,
    Anna

Anna’s V-word

35. Susan G says:

GORGEOUS! what a joy it must have been to meander through there!

Susan

36. Brooke says:

Beautiful pictures! Remember though, for the I Heart Faces challenge, you can only have one picture entered to be considered.

37. RM @ LMMP Photography says:

Nice photos. Just a quick little note that for the I Heart Faces challenge, you can only have one picture entered to be considered. This post does not fit the guidelines.

Yes, thanks for the reminder!! Was “Just taking” part, don’t really think the shots are good enough for winning!