The Gallery - Friendship & 10 Happy Arty Things - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

The Gallery – Friendship & 10 Happy Arty Things

| May 22, 2010 | 36 Comments

Friendship

What a lovely topic for this week’s Gallery – Friendship! Lots of photos instantly popped into my head! But then I remembered that not everyone “likes” to be on the internet! So all those lovely photos of laughing and being together “are no good”.

Then I remembered this ring! A fabulous example of friendship! I took the photo today in the glorious sunshine.

We bought it when we were around 15/ 16 years old. Being at an international school, people always came and went. One of us had moved back to Austria and the other three had come to visit. On the spur of the moment, we bought 4 simple thin silver rings, one each. Our friendship rings! (Girls, was it at the jewellers in Purkersdorf?! Or was it in Vienna? I think it was Purkersdorf)

Out of the 4 friends, one of them is God Mother to Red Ted. One of them will be God Mother to Pip Squeak. The third, I sadly don’t speak to any more. I think we will be friends again one day, but it will take time. We shall see. I am so pleased to still have the other two in my life!

I know that Pip Squeak’s God Mother will see this straight away – she subscribes to the blog and I know that Red Ted’s God Mother will see sometime this week, as she regularly dips in and out. I suspect that Nr 3 MAY see it, as she does like to know what everyone is upto…

What I also want to say about this ring, is that about 8 years ago, we were burgled and pretty much all my jewellery was stolen – precious items with huge sentimental value. No idea why this ring remained. It was meant to be I guess!

Tags: ,

Category: photographs

1. Magic Mummy says:

I love your Gallery photo and the story behind it – I hope your number three friend see’s it and it’s a catalyst for your make up x x

2. Scuttlebutter says:

Saw the ring and recognised what it was instantly. Good to read the story confirming it though. Did we not get the rings in Richmond though, before RedTed’s godparent went away to live in Austria?

:-) yay! I knew you would see this :-) To be honest, my memory is rubbish!!!! So, it could well have been Richmond too… maybe Red Ted’s godmother can confirm!! You are probably right though!! Hugs to you! x

3. Tienda de Piropos says:

I had not realised until now that I was not subscribed to your blog. ooops.

We bought the rings in Purkersdorf. I remember we even had to have them adjusted (at least my fingers were too thin). Think I wore mine up until the day of my wedding…

;-) that resolves the mystery!! Scuttlebutter, your memory (for once) is worse than mine! I knew you would read this this week though! :-) am wearing mine now… (thought the “occassion” deserved it) xx

4. jfb57 says:

What a lovely take on the theme! It would be special to me!

5. What a lovely “friendship” story – and I hope you and your third friend put aside your differences at some point, no matter who is to blame xx

6. Nova says:

What a lovely story. :0)

7. Lovely friendship story! Your photo of the ring is fab, it looks great with your blog background! Thanks for doing the meme, what a fabulous take on it, lovely stuff…well done!

8. New Mummy says:

What a great story x

9. Mirka Moore says:

Lovely post ;) I am sorry you don’t talk to one of your best friends, but am sure you will one day. I had the same with one of my best friends ( both of us very stubborn people ) and when Isabelle was born ( which she found out from our mutual friend), she called me (after not talking for almost 1,5 years) and we cried and since then our relationship has been even stronger than before ;)

10. Michelle says:

Love your post and how you interpreted the prompt.

11. marisworld says:

What a lovely story and how nice you are all still in touch, I have everything crossed that number 3 comes round asap.
    Beautiful photo

12. JenC says:

Love this interpretation of the prompt, I hope maybe someday you can get your friendship back with the third friend:) Jen.

13. bsouth says:

What a lovely post and picture. Very thoughtful of you. I hope friend 3 reads this and contacts you *crosses fingers*

14. bsouth says:

Drat, forgot to click on notify me of follow up comments button so now I have to comment again. *blushes*

Ah bless! thanks for coming back for replies!!! :-) Yes… we shall see. Maybe the other two can do some intermediations! She knows that the ball is well and truely in her court!!

15. melaina25 says:

What a great story!

16. bubbleboo says:

What a lovely story. I hope you and #3 can sort things out one day. It’s great that you still have those two close friends though :D

17. I love the picture and the story! Two of our very good friends, one a Chilean another Austrian/Lebanese met at the International School in Austria and love live in London. Did you know a Paula Riobo or Hani Rizkallah?

Maria x

18. What a great story…thanks for sharing.

19. jfb57 says:

Hello! Fancy seeing you at Alphabe! Great recycling! I love it when I can do that!

20. What a charming story for our stop here on Alphabe-Thursday’s letter “X”!

I like how you used this letter.

And I love hearing about your friendships!

You seem well blessed!

And so are we to have you linking up to this meme. You really help to make it Xceptional!

A+

Phew! Glad you approve!! I sometimes worry that people don’t like it when I “double up” posts, but I thought it really worked and I really wanted to use Xenophile!!! :-) xx

21. Jingle says:

smart take and have fun!
    ;)

22. The Muse says:

I concur! Delightfully posted…and wonderfully welcoming for all those who are not within our borders :)
    A giant circle of bloggers! Very nice indeed….

23. Christy says:

Great way to work X into your post! I love my bloggie friends!

24. soulintention: signed .............bkm says:

Very nice way to blend friendship into the X post —well done….bkm

25. H says:

It’s always sad to hear of friends who have split; especially if there is bad feeling.