The Gallery - Still Life - the mundane no longer mundane - Red Ted Art's Blog

The Gallery – Still Life – the mundane no longer mundane

| May 29, 2010 | 26 Comments

Da & Shirt

This week’s prompt for Tara Cain’s Gallery is “Still Life” – inspired by a fabulous photo of cooked bacon (my, how my mouth waters).

My response to the challenge is our washing. Afterall, doing the washing and the washing itself is rather mundane, don’t you think? Not anymore: Here we have Red Ted’s “Da” (photo taken today) as well as Red Ted’s baby socks (photos is 2 years old)!

Enjoy!

Baby Socks

Previous Gallery Posts:

- Symbol of Friendship

- Self Portrait by Red Ted

- (My) Men

- Enchanted Woods

- Portrait

- 7 Sins – Pride

- Joy – Spring

- Ugly – These should be in a Tim Burton film

- Outside my front door

- Me

- Colour (Red Ted’s Bunny)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. Emma says:

Ha.. I thought the first piccy was a pair of panties!! *Giggles!!

2. Livi says:

Awesome! Good to find something interesting in the mundane!

3. Moon says:

Thats gotta hurt the bunny !

4. Plan B says:

We had those socks! Love the picture of Da, although I thought it seemed a little macabre on first glance! Sorry Da!

5. jfb57 says:

I love the socks! An actual pair as well!

6. haha, we have to sneak *doggy* off to the washing machine from time to time too…not quite as traumatic as it used to be!

PS – on the bacon front, have you tried lightly grilling smoked salmon? just as yum, with no pig-damage

x

7. Nova says:

Awwww, they are both very cute…..I love teeny tiny socks!

8. JulieB says:

Oooh, teeny tiny baby sockies – so cute. Almost makes me broody (I said ALMOST!)

9. Cara says:

Those socks don’t stay small for long – along with the matching feet, eh?

10. Keris says:

I love them, especially the first. When I was first pregnant, I was obsessed with the image of little white vests on a washing line. Of course, once I’d had the baby the novelty wore off!

11. Emma, I thought the first one was pants too! I love the socks, very cute :)

I do love the “pants” theme going here… how BIG do you think my pants are? (if you mean the shirt) or how grey? (if you mean the bunny ;-)). *giggle*

12. The poor bunny, so funny though. Great photo:) Jen.

13. New Mummy says:

Great photo’s, I really muhttpst wash BG’s teddy!

We have three “Da”s for that very reason ;-) they get rather smelly…. esp if Red Ted is teething!!!

14. New Mummy says:

that should have said must, not sure what happened!

15. bsouth says:

Good pics. We often hang teddies from our line. I’m sure the neighbours think we’re a bit potty!

16. Jenny paulin @ mummy mishaps says:

Great photos used with a lovely take on this weeks theme. I must admit although there is So much more of it now, washing the laundry is nicer with a little persons clothes :-)

17. I love the the photo of ‘Da’ hanging. He looks SOooo forlorn :((

18. Katherine says:

Love the socks! That’s a wonderful idea. :)

19. Awww, love your photographs and those wee socks are just so cute!

20. Fab photos! Something I never do is hang out undies and socks on the line, I have a strange obsession with it. I live in the middle of nowhere and it’s not like someone will see them!!

CJ xx

21. You know you’re a Mummy when there is a rabbit hanging by its ears from your washing line! Lovely photos.