Weekly Photo - Midwinter Reprieve (for the Birdies) - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

Weekly Photo – Midwinter Reprieve (for the Birdies)

| December 18, 2010 | 24 Comments

M is for Midwinter (21st Dec)

Jenny Matlock

Linking with

Silent Sunday

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: photographs

1. Sarah says:

Oh I love it! So nice of you to give the birds a snack, I’m sure it will be welcome. Our chickens love popcorn!

2. jfb57 says:

What a great diea! I do worry about the birds but never really sure how I can help!

3. Jackie says:

What a great idea! My boys love to watch the birds.

4. Penny says:

That’s a lovely idea. Birds are tweeting outside my window now. So important to feed them :)

5. Jenny paulin says:

I have seen a couple of photos showing popcorn hung out for birds! Never knew about that before! Lucky birds! I must tell my mum as she just got herself a new bird feeding table

6. Great idea!! Might have to have a go at this…

7. MuddynoSugar says:

I keep seeing these, think I might have to make some.

8. What a fab idea, might give this a go myself

9. Yay – I saw these being made on TV! Brill idea :) x

Hooray, a great way to use up that “stale popcorn”. I made another batch, but “bunched it up a little”, so it is easier for them to land on it and get to the corn! Will be making bird “cake” next week!

Maggy

11. That’s a great idea. Excellent image, too.

CJ xx

12. Great idea…how do you string it altogether?

Just needle and thread! Just the thread double, but maybe triple is best?!?

14. bubbleboo says:

What a great picture!

I’d love to make things like that for the birds…but I don’t think they’d appreciate it once they spotted the kitty lying in wait!

15. oh, that’s an awesome idea. I always worry the cat will get the birds if I feed them though :(

16. Mari says:

Lovely shot and great idea too, they look almost too good for the birds :)

17. becky says:

We do this with cheerios!

18. adele- monkeying around says:

I think these are lovely, would love to make some if we had a garden. I have never heard of bird cake so I will keep an eye out for that one. x

19. I like the cheerios idea, safter option in this house!! Jen

I know, thought the same when I saw your photo! More bird feed “recipes” up today! http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/24/how-to-make-a-bird-cake-necklaces-guest-post/

21. MyKidsMake says:

Cute! We just made bird seed ornaments ourselves and are watching out the windows for birds. I like the popcorn idea.