Weekly Photo: Vigorous Growth - Red Ted Art's Blog

Weekly Photo: Vigorous Growth

| March 5, 2011 | 30 Comments

Ok, not the best “V” post, but I spend part of the afternoon re planting all the strawberry shoots that sprouted at the end of last summer and was V-ery impressed with quite how many there were – from 10 plants, sprung 40 new ones! WOW.

V is for Vigorous

Jenny Matlock

Linking with

Silent Sunday

and

Category: photographs

1. I will expect to see a follow-up shot in several months…full of strawberries. And then a follow-up shot of the finished product…a gorgeous Strawberry Pavlova! ;)

Karin

Karin – you will “only” get that Pavlova pic, if Red Ted doesn’t insist on eating all the strawberries straight away… what is the chance of that!?!?!??! Will also be giving some these plants away! Don’t want to be (too) greedy!

2. Him Up North says:

Good stuff. Great to eat the fruits of your labours, isn’t it?

3. Well done you, I can’t keep a yucca plant alive.

4. SAHMlovingit says:

Well done….I definitely don’t have green fingers!

5. Vickie Ford says:

Strawberries means summer summer mean warmth woohoo

6. Kerry says:

Oh strawberries lovely xx

7. Wow that is a lot, we only got a few new shoots from our plants!

8. Jenny Paulin says:

Mmmm thinking about all those home grown strawberries you will have for the summer, lovely jubbley :0
    X

9. Shannon says:

I’m so excited about this time of year!

10. Mari says:

…oh excellent, a massive bumper crop in time for Wimbledon this year :)
    What a Valuable V!

11. Great shot! I’ve planted strawberry seeds this week, not expecting anything this year but I have high hopes for next summer!

12. Nicki Cawood says:

Can you be classed as green fingered if you are an expert at weeds and craft with green finger paint? Just wondered….?
    Love fresh strawberries and cream, simple and just lovely!

13. mymumdom says:

Ohh- I need to order some new strawberry plants. You’ve just reminded me!

14. Michele H. says:

beautiful photo! we have a little strawberry patch ourselves that needs some tending but will have to wait until the rain stops:)

15. Cheril says:

Oooh yummy strawberries x

16. Simone says:

Oh fantastic news!! We started off with about 6 strawberry plants 4 years ago and I have now lost count of how many we have – I made over 20 pots of jam last year and we still had enough strawberries for several desserts! :O) Enjoy!x

Yes! These started off as a set of 6 too! I have more in the back garden, that I haven’t counted yet!!! Will be giving more away this year again!

18. Jackie says:

I wish I could grow strawberries and raspberries . Good luck with it !

19. Oh boy! Strawberry pie, Strawberry shortcake, Strawberry N cream mmmm the list goes on!

20. I can imagine all the possibilities…

Strawberry shortcake, jam, ice cream, salad, yummmmmm……

21. Donnie says:

That’s a good return for all that work.

22. It will be wonderful to have strawberries! The plants look wonderful!

23. Sue Anderson says:

Hey, vigorous growth is always a good thing!

=)

PS. I’m pretty late for Alphabe-Thursday this week, so here’s my link:
    Vistas

24. I am sure that will be a tota delight when you are serving up strawberry shortcake and other delectable desserts!!! Yum!!

25. Cool! Hope they all give you wonderfully delicious strawberries. :-)

26. OH! That is always so exciting to see new growth! It will be even better once the strawberries start to pop up! Yumm!

Blessings & Aloha!

27. Judie says:

Thik of all the luscious strawberries you will have soon! I am jealous!!

28. Oh! How fun!

Lucky you! I am going to attempt strawberries here in AZ this fall. I keep wanting to but I think I need a special variey to withstand our summer heat!

Thanks for such a fun stop this week. I appreciate the smile!

A+

29. jingle says:

lovely plants, strawberries are one of my favorite fruits.

bless you.