How to... make a Personalised Paper Wedding Anniversary Gift (Guest Post) - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How to… make a Personalised Paper Wedding Anniversary Gift (Guest Post)

| April 29, 2011 | 19 Comments

Hello! Well today is the day of all days “Kate and Will” are GETTING MARRIED!! Hooray! And to celebrate we are having a Royal Wedding Street Party on our road. So exciting. In the meantime, I was this wonderfully simple, but lovely Guest Post for you – a great idea to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary! It is from Becky over at Baby Budgeting… Baby Budgeting is a great blog finding inexpensive and thrifty ideas to manage you family expenses – having children is not cheap and Becky helps us make it easier! So if you need thrifty suggestions, visit Becky! A great one for music lovers on a birthday too!

Over to Becky:

It was  my wedding anniversary recently. I wanted to buy him the perfect gift. I have an abundance of love but not an abundance of money so here’s what I made for my husband.

homemade wedding anniversary gift

It’s the notes from our wedding song ‘Your still the one’ by Shania Twain handwritten on to some music paper (99p) from the post office! I put it in an old frame surrounded by some gilt butterflies from the craft box.

bespoke wedding anniversry gift

Simple and unique  but so romantic and so personal.  He loved it!

Tags: , , ,

Category: Gifts, How To's

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Finished It Friday » Freckles Family | April 29, 2011
  1. Gattina says:

I have no time to comment ! I am watching BBC !! Want to be part of the wedding ! lol !

Hehehe still a few hours to go before the big event!

3. What a beautiful gift idea! I love this!!!

4. Liz Burton says:

What a lovely idea.

IF I ever get married I might just copy this! :0(

5. Lynda Harley says:

Pure Genius….my hubs sang “I Love You Truly” from “It’s a Wonderful Life” to me as I stood with my Dad at the back of the church, before I walked down the isle…1974…July…I have just enough time to look for the music…thanks for sharing! Lyndaoflakeland.blogspot.com

6. Smallgood says:

I think this would be perfect for a first anniversary gift, as the traditional gift is paper.

7. Felicia says:

So perfect! So sentimental!

Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters!

8. Emilee says:

This is a great idea! So quick easy and inexpensive! I know what My hubby is getting for our first wedding anniversary in Sept!

9. Amy says:

I absolutely love this! This year is our 5th wedding anniversary and this will be so perfect!

10. Thanks for linking up hun, love this :)

11. Lovely idea – I don’t think we have ‘a song’ though, unless you count the fact that we always sing Guns n Roses when we’re on the M4!

I’ve linked up – actually been crafty for once!

12. My husband plays classical guitar at weddings and this has always been the gift we give to our friends and families…handwritten sheet music of one of their ceremony songs. This reminds me we still owe my sister one…don’t you have up to a year to give a wedding gift?

Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

13. Becky says:

Thanks everyone for your lovely commnets i ams o glad you liked my first how to feel all warm and fuzzy!

14. Julie says:

That is so sweet… I love it! As always thank you for linking to It’s Stinkin’ Cute Craft Thursdays!

15. This would be great for that “paper” anniversary!

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week…

16. Hi, friend! I’m admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)