Weekly Photo: Cupcake & Celebration - Red Ted Art's Blog

Weekly Photo: Cupcake & Celebration

| April 30, 2011 | 25 Comments

(I would LOVE for you to “Like” Red Ted Art on the Babble Craft lists.. only takes 1 min to do…. )

Our weekly photo SIMPLY HAD TO BE something from “yesterday”. “Yesterday” being the Royal Wedding AND our streetparty.

It was a fabulous day. Neighbours that never really met before, came together, set up gazeebos, BBQs, brought food..

cakes, cupcakes and celebrated…

The children had the best time EVER running and cycling and scooting and bouncing up and down the (closed) street.

Decorations where up.

The fire department came and show the children their fire engines.

And we all went to bed late.

Community.

Posting C for cupcakes, celebration, community & children.

Jenny Matlock

and

Tags: , ,

Category: photographs

1. mymumdom says:

We had a lovely street party yesterday too. We didn’t think about fire engines- will investigate this option for next years Jubilee!

Oh yes, you must! The kids LOVED it! And the fire brigade was so lovely! They did have to rush off on an emergency though (to much excitement!)

3. marcy says:

looks fab, pleased you all had a lovely day.

4. Liz Burton says:

hehe Corgi cupcakes – how perfect!

5. Erica says:

Great cakes.

6. They look scrummy. I had a pink cup cake yesterday & the icing was so thick it difficult to eat with one hand!

7. makana says:

What great idea!
    And I loved watching the wedding. It was perfect!

visiting from Simple Things and I am your newest follower

mkhansens.blogspot.com

8. That looks so yummy.. I love the cupcakes and their royal deco.

9. Jen C. says:

I’m always up for some cupcake :) Sounds like you guys really partied it up for the Royal Wedding!

10. Jennie B says:

Sounds like a great community and a really fun event! Anything with fancy cupcakes is a winner in my book.

11. Sue Anderson says:

What a great C post. Everything is better when enjoyed by a community.

=)

12. Theresa says:

How fun is that?! Where do you live?

13. JDaniel4's Mom says:

What fun! Love the cupcakes and the community building!

14. I like your combination of C’s. It makes me feel warm and comforted, if that makes sense.

Yes Susie – I totally know what you mean – I feel the same way when I “think back” to the day. Was such a fab way to come together!

Thank you JDaniel4s Mum – it is amazing how good you can feel withing a community!

Theresa – hahaha – we live in the UK!! We will be having another street party in the summer! Can’t wait :-)

Sue – thank you and yes, it is great to be part of a lovely community. We are lucky!

16. Amiko says:

great picture and cupcakes…. funny!

17. Mari says:

I’m so glad you had great fun, we went to Cornwall for the weekend but I still watched the wedding on the TV once arrived.
    Love the cupcakes

18. Betty says:

The wedding was so much fun, but no street party here. I watched in my pajamas since it was a little after 3:00 AM when I got up. I wish the Royal Family would consider an evening wedding next time so I don’t have to get up so early here. :) No cupcakes that early…just lots of coffee.

19. H says:

The cakes look scrumptious! I listened to the Royal Wedding on the radio because I was being taxi, collecting my eldest son.

20. Catherine - Our Village is a Little Different says:

I love the cupcake pins almost as much as I would have loved one of those yummy cakes for myself! I’m glad you had such a fun party. Kate was a beautiful bride!

21. This wounds incredibly fun! Love your festive spirit. I’m trying to figure out how to find you on that link to “like” you.

I’m going to go try again, but I wanted to comment first so I didn’t forget.

Thanks for a cute link this week.

A+

22. Found it! “Liked you”!

Jenny you are Doubly lovely! Thank you for the comment and the liking!! Super duper much appreciated!