Cheeky Craft: Easy Rag Doll - Red Ted Art's Blog

Cheeky Craft: Easy Rag Doll

| July 20, 2011 | 12 Comments

Ooooh I saw this cute cute cute Guest Post over at Martha Steward by Emily from Black Apple: A super easy Black Apple Doll. Isn’t she adorable? Check out the tutorial – make sure you watch the video – as the arms and legs do not allow for a seam allowance, whilst the body does.

easy rag doll

Having been a staunch “non sewer” I think I have to now say that I am converted and that I do Sew!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: How To's, Sewing

1. Rachel says:

How cute! I made this doll, too, but didn’t realize that there were no seam allowances for the arms & legs. Irritating!!! But it all turned out OK. :)

Oooh pleased your doll worked out fine! I guess that is the beauty of this pattern, that each doll turns out individual and fabulous regardless!!!

3. oh yes, love this doll…..maybe when I finally get my act together sewing wise this will be on list! thanks so much for sharing!

PS Peeps: I moved server over the weekend and as part of that lost a number of comments since last Wednesday – so if your comment is missing, I did NOT delete it :-( just gutted that I lost them all!

5. MJ says:

Love this! So cute :)

6. Sarah says:

Oh! She’s so cute! Great job!

7. mummiafelice says:

Awww this is so adorable! Lovely to sit on a little girls bed or shelf!…or just hug! LOL

Thanks for linking up :)

8. anna says:

What a sweet doll! She looks so cuddly and soft.

9. Naomi says:

I have to agree with everyone, that is a very cute doll. To anyone who has in fact made it – is it difficult to sew?
    Thanks,
    Naomi

I class myself as a novice sewer. There were some tricky bits (going round a corner by arms and feet, but found it fine and will make more. I think it is a good project as it doesn’t take too long and you can use fabric left overs!!

11. Naomi says:

Thank you for letting me know, I think I’ll try it, let’s hope I don’t stick the needle in my finger though!