Weekly Photo: Epiphany - Red Ted Art's Blog

Weekly Photo: Epiphany

| January 7, 2012 | 10 Comments

I have done a weekly photo in a while… but here is my little girl crown Queen of 3 Kings Day…

epiphany traditions

We have adopted the Spanish tradition of placing a ceramic figurine in a 3 Kings Day cake (in our case a Panatone… I baked one last year, but decided life was simpler with a bought one. You don’t have to do EVERYTHING from scratch). The person to find the figurine is crown King or Queen. We also have a “Silly Billy” who does silly things all day.

Oh and Pip Squeak is wearing one of our Cardboard Tube Crowns from the summer…

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Christmas, photographs

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Fair Trade for Kids | thegoodlifebloggers.com | November 26, 2012
  1. TheBoyandMe says:

Love the photo, very clever focus on the King (you must have a super camera) and the depth of field is amazing. Title is very clever as well, and the story behind is great.

Thanks for linking up to #Project366

Thank you! It did cause a stir this year though, as both children wanted the king.. for some reason, it wasn\’t a problem last year! Guess they need to learn ;-)

3. Mammasaurus says:

Cool! You daughter must be very well behaved – mine would have either hidden it under her pillow or stuck it up her nose!

Thank you everyone :-) and Mammasaurus… the King is now “lost”… I suspect the child that DIDN’T get it had something to do with it… but I cannot prove it!

4. Heidi says:

I love the focus on the King and the story behind the photo is lovely.

5. Great use of focus. Cute little crown too.

6. Claire says:

Lovely picture and lovely story behind it. Cx

7. Claire says:

Great depth of field! I love the idea of hiding the figure in the cake, I wasn\’t aware of this custom.

8. April says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Your 3 Kings day celebration looks like fun, cute crowns! I love Panetone, these would be perfect cakes for this celebration, I love the little figure that you used, I will have to look into those for next year. Great Photo!