As you know, we do like to get a little green crafty every so often. I love planting seeds with the children and experiencing the miracles of nature with them!
Someone’s had a nibble!
One year we made a photo log of our strawberries growing – with the final strawberry ending in Red Ted’s little mouth surprisingly quickly! You really have to watch our little video. Too precious!
Another year, we took part in the Sunflower growing challenge (we didn’t win, but that doesn’t matter.
But every year we grow lots and lots of seeds – tomatoes (mainly), courgettes (some), beans (always, but seem to fail), spring onions and carrots (fascinating). You may have seen our Garden Journal post? There are many reasons for gardening with kids – check out one of my main reasons for gardening!!!
So when the ladies supporting the #ONEMum campaign, asked us to join in, how could I refuse? We are planting seeds for change.
Millions of people are locked in a vicious cycle of hunger and poverty. Poverty means parents can’t feed their families enough nutritious food, leaving children hungry and malnourished.
We’re linking our seed planting with the THRIVE campaign lending our voice.
Plant a seed of change in the G8! Together, we can stop malnutrition, not just for one child, but for 15 million. We can end poverty, not just for one person, but for 50 million. Together we can break the cycle.
Want to get involved.
1. Sow one- Show your commitment to agriculture in the developing world by planting a seed at home.
2. *More Importantly* “Send one” and sign the petition!! you have added your name to thousands of others who stand together to help reach the goals of Thrive. Go a step further and send a message.
More ideas for helping:
- Send a letter to your elected officials asking your country’s leader to support effective, sustainable programs that save lives.
- Send people to ONE to sign the petition
- Keep up to date with the campaign by following ONE Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, youtube
- Share a living proof video
- Share updates on your seed growing on your blog and link them here.
Helping each other grow seeds.
Would love for you to participate in the Come Sow With Me Meme by sharing a seed planting activity ( Sow one) and encouraging others to do something by ( Sending them) Come back here and share your photograph and your post on the Linky. Let’s see how many we can do before the G8 at the beginning of May 2012
Let our voice count.