How to... Make Vintage Spoon Hooks - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How to… Make Vintage Spoon Hooks

| June 15, 2012 | 19 Comments

homemade paintShe is BACK!! The fabulous Lucy from Lulasticis BACK, sharing with us these adorable “Spoon Hooks”, what a VERY fun idea for making your very own coat hooks. They would look fantastic in my hall way!

Lucy is all about eco friendly living, upcycling and charity shop treasures. So this post is  perfect representation of what she writes about. But should you explore her blog further (which you should!), you will also find a great post about her nappy free baby approach, why she has stopped washing her hair  and all about creating a home out of recycled leftovers. So. Please do go and visit this great competitor of mine, as we are both up for “Best Craft Blog of the Year”. Good luck to us both!!

Cor, don’t you just LOVE a nice souvenir spoon?! When I saw these in a New Zealand charity shop for 50 cents I snapped them up. They just totally evoke a colonial inspired 1980?s afternoon tea vibe, eh?

spoon crafts

I have had them rattling around with a faint idea of using them for something but then when a need arose for a place to hang our tea towels I just KNEW. Just knew. These spoons were always meant for greater things than stirring sugar lumps.

Here it is, another 5 min recycling crafty frolick:

vintage spoon idea

I found this bit of wood on the pavement once and have had it randomly on display. I love the imprint of VB ENGLAND along it. It is a bit rugged but I thought it would help my spoons to sparkle.

craft spoons, diy decor

Well, aren’t they just gorgeous? So simple? Yet effective and fun! Now I just need to keep an eye out for some old spoons to craft with. Thank you Lucy again for visiting and sharing your ideas!

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: How To's, Recycling

1. I love it! They look great and I love the story behind the wood and the spoons!

It is a lovely Guest Post, I agree!!

3. Absolutely LOVE it! xx

4. Lara says:

those are really lovely – now to raid my mum’s spoon drawer!

@Lara I am jealous of your Mum’s spoon drawer!!!

6. SUPER CUTE! Crossing my fingers you’ll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

XO, Aimee

Visiting you now!

8. Darby Hawley says:

How creative and cute!!! I just pinned this post!
    Stopping by from the It’s Overflowing Party :-)

9. I love this idea! I bought some vintage spoons in France from a Brocante Fair when we were there on holiday. I can see these being perfect for spoon hanging hooks. Can’t wait to try this!

10. What a cute idea – I can’t believe glue can hold them on! Excellent!

11. Sarah says:

This is such a cute idea! I would love for you to share this at my link party! http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/06/share-it-link-party-16.html

Done! Thanks for the invite!

13. Liz says:

Thanks for coming by Quirky Vistas today and checking out my map! I love that you have your “competitor” guest hosting. Good luck on the competition! Sounds like fun stuff. Hope you’ll visit me again sometime soon!
    Liz

14. Oh my goodness! Those spoons are too cute!

Aren’t they just?! I just need to find some spoons now/!

16. Featuring this today! Excited to see what you share tonight! XO, Aimee

17. These are really lovely, what a clever idea!