The the gingerbread house shares with us a great DIY Valentines Gifts today – bath salts! This would also work nicely as a Mother’s Day Gift! Check out the rest of our 31 Days of Love series with lots of Valentine’s Cards and Valentines Treats!
My children love to be creative but just occasionally I like to make something a little more grown up to feed my own creativity! I love making home made gifts and with that in mind I have a little tutorial for making your own bath salts. These would make a great gift for a loved one on Valentine’s Day.
You will need:
- Plain bath salts (you can buy these from a health store)
- Essential oil
- Kilner-style jar
- Pretty ribbon or ricrac to decorate
- Thrifted spoon
How to make your own bath salts
- On a baking tray mix the plain bath salts with the essential oil. I mixed one drop of essential oil for every desert spoon of bath salts. I chose rosewood for a calming soak and you could easily tint the bath salts with a couple of drops of red food colouring.
- Mix well and leave to dry overnight – this ensures the bath salts don’t solidify in the jar.
- Pour into your container.
- Decorate with a ribbon and add a blackboard heart with a personal message. You could also add a label with the name of the bath salts you’ve made or a list of the ingredients. Add a small thrifted vintage spoon.
- Mix a couple of spoonfuls with warm water for a lovely relaxing bath.
About the gingerbread house – I’ve been blogging about crafts since 2005. I have two pre-schoolers and can often be found clearing up a paint spillage before breakfast!
Here are some posts you may like from the gingerbread house