We Heart Homemade Ornaments! We now have an updated Christmas Ornaments DIY page, with 50+ ideas to keep you busy – organised by age group this is a great resource to check out!
You may have noticed that we go Homemade Ornament crazy around from now until December. I am not sure what is about Autumn but all the nature crafts and walnut crafts lend themselves perfectly for Ornament making, which make dear little gifts in the run to Christmas. We have already shared 15 Homemade Ornaments.. and now we have ANOTHER 11 to go… and all of these the kids helped me make!
So.. .without further ado:
Our Homemade Ornaments
1. Dear Walnut Owls (Granny got some for her Birthday)
2. Felt Hearts (also usable as key rings!)
3. Snowflake Ornament (use up those old puzzles)
4. Super simple Bead Wreaths (great for keeping young hands busy whilst you do other things)
5. Keepsake Ornaments (aka recycled cardigans)
6. Cork Santas (we also played some Santa bowling)
7. Stick Santa (you know how we love Sticks!!)
8. Button Snowflakes (who can resist a button)
9. Pom Pom Pine Cones Trees (fabulously tactile for small hands)
10. Nature Crafts Angel (made purely from things found in nature)
11. Saltdough Hearts (such a classic!)
12. Papier Mache Baubles (yes, a bit random, but wanted to see if it would work!)
13. Cork Mushrooms (we love our little corks and play with them too)
14. White Clay Hearts (though make them any shape!)
15. Ice Ornaments (why not decorate the great outdoors too?)
Example of how we like to give our Homemade Ornaments in the RUN up to Christmas including some yummy recipes:
(we also like to put them in Granny’s and Auntie’s Christmas stockings).
And here are our previous Homemade Ornament Ideas:
Right. That should keep you busy making homemade ornaments all Autumn!!!
Here is another super CUTE “mini Shadow Box Ornament” Idea. LOVE THIS!
Now our FAVOURITE 30 DIY Christmas Ornament is available in this handy download as an ebook: