Soooo who loves the MINIONS?? We can’t wait to see the new Despicable Me movie and it’s oh so funny and lovable Minion Characters. My kids are soooo excited. In order to get into the Minion groove so to speak, I thought some Minion Craft Ideas would be in order. Today we begin with some Minion Paper Craft Ideas, with lots more Minion Crafts to follow. But because we LOVE Paper Crafts here on Red Ted Art so much, I thought a special Minion Paper Crafts post would be in order. There are two parts to this – the Minion Paper Crafts where you “just need paper” and some fabulous Minion Paper Crafts where you can simply hit “print” and get a fabulous set of Minion Printables to download!
Remember we like to update these posts over time.. so do pop back every so often to see what I have added!
Minion Paper Craft – Getting ready!
- If you are going to be crafting minions from scratch.. you will want to stock up on yellow and blue paper. (We got ours here >>> US/UK)
- You will also need a good glue stick (we prefer these >>> US/ UK)
- And of course scissors (our favourite scissors for kids are these – they cut really well and are ambidextrous >>> US/ UK)
Minion Paper Craft Ideas
- Minion Corner Bookmark (these step by step instructions are so easy to follow, that your final Minion Bookmark will look simply fabulous!)
- Minion Paper Box (super fun way to organise your desk supplies, perfect for paper clips, erasers.. or use them to hold your hair clips.. or better still, this makes an adorable gift box!)
- Similarly we have a fabulous Despicable Me TP Roll Gift box or Minion Favour Boxes at a Birthday party – will with treats, sweets, small gifts, anything really!
- Make this Paper Bag Minion Dress Up
- Make Your Own Minion toddler activity by Girl in the Garage
- Paper Quilled Minion Bookmarks by Trupti’s Crafts
- Decorate your gifts as Minions.. with these Minion Paper Gift Wrap Ideas by Must Have Mum!
- Make your own DIY Despicable Me Paper Gift Bags as per Kid Friendly Things To Do
- DIY Minion Chocolate Bars as by Nice People Stamp
- Fabulous Minion Paper Hats by Craft Passion
- Paper Despicable Me Pin the Eye Party Game by The Crafty Crazy
- Simple Minion Craft Stick Puppets by Tidbits for Every Day
And check out this fabulous 3D Quilled Minion (Part 1, visit YouTube for the rest)
Minion Paper Crafts: Card Making Ideas
We love DIY Cards. Whether you are making Minion Birthday Cards or One In a Minion Valentine’s Day cards, here are some cute ideas to get you started on your own DIY Minion Card Making ideas!
- Minion Neverending Cards (these are the best!) from Hattifant
- Heart Minion Cards by Housing a Forrest
- Paper Quilled Minions Card on Tofiaxa
- You are One in a Minion Card by Crafty Morning
- Stand Up Minion Card by Wild West Paper Arts
These Despicable Me Printables are all free.. and are a great way to speed up the Minion Paper Craft making. There are some great Minion Printables for parties and birthdays, as well as some fun educational Minion Printables. As before, I WILL be adding to these over time.. so do come back and see what is new in the land of Minion Printables!!
- Minion Eyes and Mouths by Printablee
Despicable Me Printables – Worksheets and coloring pages
- Printable Minion Packs – includes letter tracing and dot marking pages – by 1 + 1 + 1 + 1
- Despicable Me Wordsearch by Halegrafx (pop one into a party bag?)
Minion Printables – Parties
- Despicable Me Party Invites by Oh My Fiesta or by Halegrafx
- Free printable banner by Oh My Fiesta
- Despicable Me Water Bottle Labels by Halegrafx
- Despicable Me Party Rules by Somewhere in the Middle
- A whole set of Despicable Me Party Printables on the Google Drive of Muriartes.com including printable party hats, party bags, cupcake wrappers and more
Despicable Me Printables Food
- Minion bananas printable – perfect party food (or add it as a surprise in your child’s lunch box!)
- Free Cupcake Toppers by Halegrafx (Circle shapes)
- Despicable Me Cupcake Toppers (Minion shape) by Mrs Kathy King
- Cupcake Wrappers by Family Shopping Bag