A quick and fun make for Back To School for you today.. though you don’t have to go to school to make this No Sew Pencil Roll Up! This little DIY is great for paintbrush storage, make up brushes or crochet hooks too… or make one for crayons…. whatever you want to organise and store, you can adapt this simple no sew roll up case!! We also love it, as it is easy to make (no sew), it is relatively QUICK to make AND you can personalise it with some initials, hearts, flowers or even emojis. You imagination is the limit!
No Sew Pencil Case Roll Up – Materials
- A large piece of felt (ours was 20cm x 30cm – but it will vary on number and size of pens!)
- pencil and ruler
- felt scraps for embellishments & glue (OPTIONAL)
No Sew Pencil Case Roll Up – How To
Below we have the video instructions and then also some WRITTEN instructions if you find those easier to follow (personally, I LOVE the video!!!).
To make your felt no sew pencil roll up:
1) firstly measure out your piece of felt. You need to leave at LEAST 2cm at the top, bottom and on the sides (also once your pencils are “fitted” the fabric will pull and shorted, so do leave enough at the top and bottom). For our pencil roll up (9 pencils) , I used a piece of felt 20cm x 30 cm
2) Mark a row 5cm from the top and from the bottom
3) Make a pencil with mark , 1.5cm apart (so 2cm from edge, in our case 7mm for the pencil, then 1.5cm, then 7mm etc etc)
4) Repeat on the bottom row.
5) Before you cut, make sure your marks are LINED UP.
6) Carefully cut with small scissors.
7) Finally.. at the roll up end, make two smalle inscisions and thread your ribbon threw as a clasp for your no sew pencil roll up!
Make it emoji or initials.. whatever you fancy!
And you are all done!
Looking for more Back to School ideas? Take a look at these!