‘Tis the season to be merry. Tra-la-la-la-laaaaaaa. ‘Tis also the season to send GREETING CARDS to loved ones or make thank you cards for Teachers at Christmas. So.. yes, if our Pop Up Christmas Tree Card and the gorgeous Paper Quilled Tree Card were not enough inspiration we have an adorable 3d Reindeer Card DIY – complete with handy printable (yes, I like to be helpful if I can).
3D Reindeer Card DIY – Materials
- Brown Paper (though you can use the printable
- The printable for your Reindeer Features
- Glue stick
- Stars (optional) for decorating
Learn how to assemble the Paper Reindeer Ornament here.
The printables are available in my Teacher’s Pay Teacher’s Store. By purchasing this printable and worksheets, you are supporting the upkeep of this website! Many thanks!
How to make a 3D Reindeer Card DIY
Personally, I think this is a REALLY easy Card DIY.. and the video shows how quick and straightforward this 3d Reindeer Card for Kids really is to make.. but I have added written instruction down below too if you find that easier!
Paper Reindeer Head, Tails and Legs
- Print out your Reindeer features.
- Decide whether your Reindeer will look left or right. You only need to cut out ONE head, one tail one pair of legs.
Make your Paper Reindeer “Bauble” Body
- Cut 9-10 brown circles (you can use our template for size or use the ready to print brown circles)
- Fold the circles in half.
- Add glue to one half of the circle and lay a second circle on top.
- Continue until all half circles a stuck together.
We are now ready to assemble your card.
Final Assembly of your Reindeer Pop Up Card
- Make sure you have NOT closed the paper bauble “in on itself”.
- Position the paper bauble in the centre of the card and glue the bottom half of it down (not the top, as you still want to slide “bits” in)
- Now you can add glue to your Reindeer head and slide it under the bauble on the right.
- Repeat the same ofr the tail. IF you have glued the whole bauble down already – don’t worry, just glue it on top of the last piece of paper, it will still look nice!
- Finally postion your reindeers’s legs and also glue them in place.
- If wanted, added a little stars to your sky.
Your 3D Reindeer Card is now finished!!! Isn’t it adorable. If you want you can fill it with confetti stars for some extra special sparkle…
Check out the rest of our fabulous Pop Up Card DIYs here:
You may also love these Reindeer Crafts: