How to Make DIY Bubble Wands with cookie cutter shapes
Cookie Cutter Bubble Wands – Supplies:
This list contains affiliate links from Amazon and I will earn a small commission should you choose to use them)
- pipe cleaners (gold and /or silver are great – eg, get some here US/ UK)
- colorful beads (again we used silver and gold pony beads left over from our Christmas Ornaments – get some here US/ UK)
- cookie cutters shapes (star shapes are best for New Year’s Eve and the smaller the better – e.g. US / UK)
- DIY Bubble Recipe
Remember to make your BUBBLE RECIPE EARLY as it gets better with time (and use yellow or clear dish soap!)
Shaped Bubble Wands – Instructions:
1. If you use small cookie cutter shapes for your DIY bubble wands, you’ll need one pipe cleaner per bubble wand. Start by wrapping the pipe cleaner around the cookie cutter, forming the shape of a star.
When you reach the end of the shape wrap the remaining pipe cleaner section around the shape a few times to close it shut. Then the remaining excess of the pipe cleaner becomes the handle for your bubble wand.
2. Thread the bubble wand handle with gold and silver beads. When you reach the bottom of the pipe cleaner with your beads, fold the pipe cleaner end up to secure the beads in place. We like to bunch the pipe cleaner up into a little ball on the end after bending it up to help it stay sealed shut. Or just fold it over. It is a question of preference!
Now your DIY Bubble Wands are ready to play with!
Pour some bubble solution into a shallow dish, dip the pipe cleaner shape down into the solution and then blow bubbles through your bubble wand.
And these DIY Bubble Wands the cutest?? I hope you love them as much as we do. And we do ADORE our DIY Bubble Recipe, it is used by the Science museum in London at their bubble show and really is the BEST!!!
This New Year’s Eve Bubbles really are great for young children – it avoids all the scary noise…. and it is fun for kids to have their own Bubbles whilst grown ups celebrate!! Enjoy!!!!
This is part of our great New Year’s Eve Countdown for Kids – check out our hourly activity plan that we have put together to make New Year’s Eve extra fun and stress free:
Over 12 activity ideas, with a choice of printables for almost each activity!
More great New Year’s Eve ideas for young kids:
Super fun Countdown Wrist Watches over on Hattifant