Spider Craft: Pom Pom Spider
Today’s Spider Craft for Halloween is a super duper cute and easy Pom Pom Spider! The perfect yarn craft for anyone looking to make a Halloween pom pom this spooky season!
So the great pom pom love continues. Earlier in the week, we made some hedgehog pom poms, today we share with you this adorable little Pom Pom Spider. I love it on so many levels – one it is a pom pom (already a winner), two it makes for a super cute Halloween craft (no nasties here, just a cute little spider pom pom) and would make a great addition to many a Halloween Costume (check our ideas out) and three, it is perfect for Nursery Rhyme series too!
A perfect little spider craft to go with Little Miss Muffet (much to Pip Squeak’s delight!!). We used our much loved pom pom maker (info below), however, you can apply the same “step by step” guide to the traditional “circular cardboard method“. I think a “string of these” would also ake a fabulously easy DIY Fall Garland Idea!
Also check out these How To Make Pom Poms – 7 different techniques
If you love the CUTESTness of this pom pom spider, do check out our how to make a 3d paper spider idea too! Just so fun and adorable!
Pom Pom Spider Materials
- black wool (though I think other colours to make your spider pom pom could look lovely too)
- pom pom makers) (if you wish to use one)
- 2 pipecleaners (in desired colours)
- googly eyes
- PVA glue
You can get these fab pom pom makers here:
How to make a Spider Pom Pom for Halloween
So, ready to learn how to make a Halloween pom pom, that is easy adn super cute too?!
1) To make your pom pom spider – follow the pictures from the top right in a clockwise direction – first make your standard “black pom pom”.
2) Then cut your two pieces of pipecleaner in half, to make 4 pieces.
3) Now VERY GENTLY push one after the other through the CENTRE of your pom pom. You have to be really careful, as you ca push some bits of full out by doing this.. so do gently!
4) Trim your Pom Pom Spider and glue on your googly eyes.
AND DONE! Time to give someone a (not so scary) FRIGHT!
And then go on to tell this age old Little Miss Muffet Nursery rhyme.. here are the full lyrics:
Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet,
Eating her curds and whey;
Along came a spider,
Who sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away!
Looking for more cute Halloween Pom Poms? Try these:
Have a go at Pom Pom Bats – these are adorable as pom pom garlands, Halloween ornaments on the Halloween Tree or can be turned into pom pom pencil toppers too!
Or how about this tissue paper pom pom spider? Another fantastic way to make a Halloween pom pom – but this one would be great as a Halloween Porch decoration or for decorating a classroom.
How about some super duper cute and easy Finger Knitting Spiders? A perfect Halloween Decoration or great for Incy Wincy Spider songs!
Fancy some more pom pom ideas? Check out these 25 Pom Pom Crafts that we have collated for you!
Our pom pom bat is available on YouTube as a pencil topper