This is a super duper cute and easy Toilet Paper Roll Craft for Kids.. it is the perfect little Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Craft, as it is “one make” with three lovely uses: make these adorable Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree craft and then use them as little decorations on your window sill, as as Toilet Paper Roll Ornaments, and my favourite as Toilet Paper Roll Napkin Holders!! Actually, they would be an adorable addition to a Doll’s House too and if you made 24 of them, you could tuck little notes for a DIY Advent Calendar.. oooh the possibilities.. making these Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Trees is super quick and easy and oh so fun (oh and did I mention thrifty too??). We adore Christmas Tree Crafts!
For those not keen on using Toilet Paper Rolls… why not use cardboard tubes from Kitchen Towel Paper or the centre of wrapping paper?
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree – Materials
Love that cutie Reindeer in the background? Get your free Reindeer Ornament Pattern here!
- per tree (or napkin ring!) one Toilet Paper Roll (if using a cardboard tube, you can probably make 3-4 per cardboard tube)
- green paint (acrylic is good as it has a smooth finish, but if using poster paints, add some PVA glue)
- scrap paper or use bright office stickers
- hole punch
- a confetti stars
- PVA Glue/ glue stick (I think PVA is a bit easier and less fiddly)
- Bakers Twine for hanging IF you wish to use these as Toilet Paper Roll Ornaments
How to make Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Trees
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Trees – Step by Step Instructions
- Flatten your TP Rolls. Decide how big you want your Christmas Trees to be… I wanted ours to be approximately 2/3s of the TP Roll size.
- Sketch a tree.
- And cut out.
- Use the first tree as a template for the remaining tree.
- Mix a little paint and PVA glue and paint the tree green. You can leave the tree stump grey if you wish or paint it brown or green even.. it is a matter of personal preference
- Let dry.
- Make some paper confetti with a hole punch. My kids particuarly LOVE this step!! And it is great for strengthing those fine motor skills!
- Glue on your confetti and Christmas Tree Stars (we used sequins for the stars, but you can cut your own paper ones)
Let dry full.
If using as an ornament you can either tie on some bakers twine or glue on some bakers twine to the back!!
Enjoy!! And a very Merry Christmas to you all.
Like this Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Craft? Here are some more great Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas:
Looking for more Christmas Tree DIY inspirations – we also have a great set here:
Hope you love our thrifty and easy Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Trees Napkin rings and have a go this Christmas!