How to... make funky Party Bags! - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How to… make funky Party Bags!

| March 19, 2010 | 30 Comments

Well. How exciting is this. First Guest Posts. Then Gallery posts. And now a VLOG! Yes, a VLOG – which is a Video Log. Well, technically it isn’t mine, as I did this vlog with Incredibusymum (www.twitter.com/incredibusymum). My lovely friend and neighbour. Here we (she) will show you how to make funky party bags out of old magazines – not only do they look great, save you money, but they are also environmentally friendly! The ones made today for the vlog, will double up as popcorn bags for Red Ted! Woohoo!

What’s really great about these, is that you need to do NO cutting, just a magazine, some pritt stick and a box (e.g. tissue box). And off you go!

Once you are done, we suggest you keep them folded and weighed down a little, to really let the glue glue! And then fill them with party goodies (e.g. homemade biscuits and muffins) and impress all your guests!

PS another reason why these are fab, is as “by definition”, these party bags will feature your kids’ favourite characters… as you are using up their old magazines!!!

(If you enjoyed this post do become a fan on facebook to get all the latest craft idea alerts!!)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Category: Party Ideas, Recycling

1. OMG This is brilliant!! I have just sat here slack-jawed at this :D

Yes, isn’t Ali clever!!!! If you do ever make these… PLEASE DO SEND US A PHOTO!! We would be SOOOO chuffed ;-) xx

2. Katherine says:

That is sheer genius, I hope I remember it by the time David’s old enough! (Because right now, paper goes in the mouth, and is scrumpled and thrown at the cat. I don’t think he’d appreciate them yet.)

3. What a brilliant way to save money and recycle. Not only that, the bags look brilliant and the kids will love them! Excellent tip ladies, thank for vlogging it. :)

Cheers! Will be making some for my friend’s little girl’s bday party this weekend – though will fill them with popcorn! Yum (PS if you do use them for popcorn, make sure they are glued v well.. else you will get sugar/ icing sugar/ salt everywhere!!)

4. Emma says:

Fab vlog just goes to show what you can do with your recycling paper and a pritt stick….!

5. Jessica says:

What a great idea, wish I was this creative and brave enough to vlog too!

6. What a great idea- would be fantastic on the table for kids as favours

7. oh Wow, I am going to try this, they look GREAT!! Jen (thanks for joining in blog gems)

8. What a great idea! This is so perfect for a kids party–you get the theme, save money, and recycle!

9. Sarah says:

OH this is so fun!!! I always loved creating my own wrapping paper as a child! This is a whole new (much better) way!!

Thanks for all that you share and inspire daily!

~sarah

10. Liz Burton says:

This is such a cool idea.

I would have loved to do these for Ruby’s party, but we were sent some lovely party bags to review instead.

11. Excellent idea – I love this (and it’s my kind of craft – a bit of glue and you’re away ;-) )

12. WOW!!! I am so going to make these…. awesome idea!

Aaah thanks! And yes if you like gluing that this is something for you! Hope you all get a chance to have a go! Liz – maybe next years ;-)

14. Amanda says:

I love this idea, truely brilliant!

15. kathryn says:

what a clever idea. they look awesome

kathryn
    twitter:kathblogger

16. Cotton Bags says:

It’s a very simple idea of a box or bag to hide things in and a selection of things to hide. Thanks for the inspiration.

17. The Party Guy says:

A fantastic idea you have, well done.
    I will have to get my kids making them.

18. Rebecca says:

Brilliant idea, I love it!

Do you live in a little village full solely of bloggers? If so can I move in too, would be lovely.

19. Chair Covers says:

Great idea have fun!

20. Heather H says:

Really brilliant idea. Big success at my boys birthday party. Also really quick and easy to make – brilliant video. Much Thanks.

21. marylin says:

OMG brilliant!

I so wish i had seen these for Christmas.

But will be making them for my daughters birthday.