Quick Craft Post: Dolls House Bathroom - Red Ted Art's Blog

Quick Craft Post: Dolls House Bathroom

| January 12, 2012 | 22 Comments

Well.. I finally more or less finished the Dolls’ House  Bathroom. It only took 3 months…. The dolls can now:

• Shower
  • Take a bath
  • Go to the loo (including using some toilet paper)
  • Wash their hands
  • Dry themselves off with warm fluffy towels

cardboard box dolls house

What is lovely though about making this house in stages, is that every time we make something new, the children LOVE spending ages again playing with the house. It is like refreshing an “old toy”.

make your own dolls house shower

The shower and bath are made from an iphone box. The bottom half is the bath,  the top half is the shower. I used a straw and a stick (the stick to stiffen the straw) as the shower rail. The shower curtain is made from one of those plastic folders that you use for files, I just cute  a piece out that was twice the width of the shower, folded it like a concertina , hole punched some holes and drew on hearts with a permanent marker.  Done.

diy dolls house toilet

The loo is made from 4 plastic lids – I super glued 3 together for the seat and stuck one on the back of the wall. Then painted white with acrylics. It would have been easier to paint it white first though. The toilet paper is just strips of paper rolled up and attached to the wall with some craft wire which was then hot glued in place.

diy dolls house sink

The sink is made from a shell, that I hot glued into an “open matchbox”. You will need lots of glue. I painted the matchbox white and added detail for the door. The towels are an old bathrobe, cut down with pinking shears. I attached them to the wall with craft wire again secured in place with hot glue (on the other side of the wall). I may have to redo these.

how to make a dolls house

Mummy is having a shower and Granny is using the Loo… lucky this family doesn’t mind sharing……

Hope you like our DIY Dolls’ House bathroom. My favourite is the shower curtain and shell sink!

Check out the full Doll’s House and see lots more details, like our rose balcony and door handles.

Category: Dolls House, How To's, Recycling

1. The Moiderer says:

I think the shell sink is genius. Great stuff

2. Helen says:

that’s great…every bathroom should have a sink made out of a shell!

3. mermaid says:

Finally \”my type\” dollshouse!
    When we made ours I was looking for ideas on the internet but couldn`t find any really. So it is very interesting for me to see what you really used :)

I definitely love the sink (my husband loves it too!). And the loo is interesting as well.

It took us two years to complete all the rooms in our dollshouse.
    And now we are remodelling them.

Oooh I think remodelling is fun! Great how it just goes on and on and on… :-) and thank you for your kind comment!

5. Agy says:

Oh so so cute! I love the loo roll and the shower curtain :-)

6. Hehe I love that they are sharing together! What an amenable family! Gorgeous shower curtain and sink idea!

7. love it!! I have boys, so when I see a project like this, I\’m just a little bit sad that I don\’t have a girl. I do do play therapy though – maybe I should be looking at revamping the the therapy doll house heehee :)

Georgia

Georgia… I was thinking the other day, that I could make \”the same again\”, but as a Fire Station House (you could make the lower ground bigger for the fire engine, and upstairs have a little canteen, bunk beds and a bathroom or an office?) or hospital…? What do you think? I bet your boys would love that?

But Pssst… may still make that one day!

9. Maria says:

This is just beautiful- I love the sink and even though I\’m sure my just turned 2 yr old son would love to play with it- I could see it completely getting trashed… Are girls more careful with things like this? Love the idea of a fire station! I may attempt it.

To be honest… I think all small children break stuff. But it is amazing how you can “teach them not to”. My little girl (2) always leans on the floors, thus bending them… I just go over and gently move her arm a little and tell her not to. It seems to work… as to boys. I find they are 50-50. I know someboys that seem to break EVERYTHING and others that are quite good. So I guess… you just have to try?!??!?!?!?!?! Would LOVE to see a fire station!!

10. Oh Maggy, that is just beautiful! I love it all, the toilet roll, the little sink, the towels. Amazing! Pinned!! :-)

11. Mummylish says:

Love this! So cute and creative, reminds me very much of the kind of things I used to make as a child, inspired by blue peter! :) We have a dollshouse right now but a homemade dollshouse looks so much more fun.

Mummy Mummy Mum – thank you *BEAM*

13. anna says:

This is SO gorgeous! The shell sink especially…oh and the toilet roll holder! SO clever.

14. That\’s lovely, will have to give it a go. Thanks for linking up :)

15. play friv says:

Wow!Is awesome!I love how looks a bathroom like that.I think that I will try to do something like that in my house.Pretty cool!

16. mummiafelice says:

The work of a genius! Absolutely fantastic! All the little details are so lovely! You are sooo clever!

Thanks so much for linking this up – Just wonderful!

17. Brittany says:

This is adorable! The seashell sink is my favorite!