Handprint Alphabet - L is for Ladybird - Red Ted Art's Blog

Handprint Alphabet – L is for Ladybird

| June 30, 2012 | 9 Comments

Today we came back to a v simple but rather lovely handprint craft: the ladybird!! Pip Squeak was delighted. Red Ted, ahem, liked the red bit.. he actually wanted a lion. But we did a lion some moons ago, so, this mummy, fancied something different. Do take a peak though at our handprint lion!!!

ladybird handprint craft

handprint crafts

This one really is easy – paint your hand red and… print!

ladybug craft

ladybugs

Red Ted’s ladybirds with clear instructions of “Yes, Mummy I can count the legs myself!”. The children fingerpainted spots and the head. And used a black pen for the legs and line across the back.

ladybug handprints

ladybug handprints

Pip Squeal’s ladybird handprint!

The rest of our Alphabet Handprint:

Handprint Art A,  Handprint Art B,  Handprint Art CHandprint Art DHandprint Art F , Handprint Art GHandprint HHandprint Art IHandprint Art J, Handprint Art K

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Alphabet, Handprints

1. Sian says:

lovely, so cute : ) but then I’m quite partial to the odd creepy crawly or two!

I know.. some creepy crawlies are rather wonderful, aren’t they?!

3. Filipa Kay says:

How adorable! What a lovely idea! I’m sure my two little boys – aged 18 months and 3 and a half – would be up for this. Thank you Maggy! Filipa x

Aaawwwe thank you Filipa :-))))

5. Pinkoddy says:

Ah we have a ladybird mixed in with our Ls this week too. Very creative there.

6. These are so cute! What a wonderful idea!

7. Nikki says:

These are all so much fun. I just discovered your blog from pinterest and having such a fun time doing the alphabet handprints. Getting the kids geared up for school again and this is such a fun little activity to finish off the summer with.

Aaah thank you so much and so pleased you found me via Pinterest! :-) we are definitely enjoying doing the series ourselves and great for my little one’s learning throughout this summer!