Handprint Alphabet - N for Narwhal - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

Handprint Alphabet – N for Narwhal

| July 14, 2012 | 10 Comments

Now N was prooving a little bit of a challenge, what or what should we make? Many Ns are a little obscure – Nene or Nyala. Others are just a bit too plain – Nightingale or Newt – would just be mistaken for the simpler relative (bird or lizard). And then someone (or many) said to me “how about a Narwhal, that is the unicorns of the sea, you know?! How how could I resist THAT! The unicorn of the see indeed. Wonderful! (we were  —> this close <— to cheating and doing a Nemo). So a Narwhal it was!

handprint craft N

Key characteristics: a longish whale with a long point nose, a contrast under belly and some have spots….

handprint alphabet

We left the thumb paint free. And mixed the light blue under belly a little into the rest of the body. handprint alphabet handprint crafts

Red Ted added a blue fin, a long swordfish like nose, spots and eyes. Oh and another mouth and nose!

handprint alphabet

And aaah Pip Squeak’s… is just wonderful as always!

Happy Handprint N!!!

The rest of our Alphabet Handprint:

Handprint Art A,  Handprint Art B,  Handprint Art CHandprint Art DHandprint Art F , Handprint Art GHandprint HHandprint Art IHandprint Art JHandprint Art K, Handprint Art L, Handprint Art M

Tags: , , ,

Category: Alphabet, Handprints

1. Sian says:

oo I like having a Narwhal in my name ! S,Impala, Alien, Narwhal : )

I bet you can’t wait to see what we will do for S?!!! :-) ahem, neither can we.. we don’t know yet!!

3. A narwhal! Nice :-) Love this series!

Thanks Chrissy! Have to admit we are enjoying the series a lot more than I thought we would too!!!

5. oooooh fab animal! I LOVE these, but I say that every week. xx

Aah but Emma – I need to hear it every week!! :-) So pleased don’t stop saying it!!!

7. artsy_momma says:

I so need to get some of those teeny googly eyes after all the projects you have been using them in- so cute! I had a feeling you were going to choose narwhal…. couldn’t resist the unicorn of the sea :)

8. artsy_momma says:

Yay! It worked with a different email & using the handprint blog URL instead of our craft blog URL…. not sure which is the problem though :/ How weird!!!

9. Polly Bonanno says:

Hi! I love the handprint alphabet! I have printed out all of them (except N-see below) to use with a non verbal student…….think they will bring a smile to his face and be so helpful with making sign language fun for him.
    I am having trouble printing out the letter N for Narwhal. Can you help? Thanks for all your hard work!