Handprint Animal Alphabet A-Z : Red Ted Art's Blog

Handprint Animals: A Complete Alphabet A-Z

| October 6, 2012 | 49 Comments

Well, it has been a fun 26 weeks! I cannot believe that we embarked on a Handprint Alphabet over 26 weeks ago (that is 6 months ago?! Wow). And what an alphabet journey it has been! We started off with an innocent A for Alien.. then a B for Bee.. and suddenly we were on a Handprint Animals journey. We never set out to do “all animals”. But Red Ted Really got “into” animals and so animals it was (though alien may be a little cheat). It has been great fun.

{If you LOVE crafts and you want to keep up to date… I would LOVE YOU to subscribe to e-mail notifications and come and to join me on Facebook !}

I thought it would be nice to bring all the handprint animals together visually in one place. Much easier for you (and us) to browse and have a go.

You most probably do not want to do ALL the handprint animals (it did take us 6 months!!!), but maybe you would like to do your child’s name in handprint letters? Wouldn’t that look nice on a canvas? They would look lovely in a child’s room or as a presents for Granny and Grandpa?

And here they are… all together for you to browse! I hope you like them!

(Just click on the images for “more” info and larger photos!)

Handprint arts and crafts for preschoolerspreschooler alphabet craftpreschooler handprint craftspreschoolers alphabet crafts

So.. that is it from us!! I do hope you enjoyed the Handprint Animals as much as we did. We had such fun coming up with a new one each week. An it has been a great way for us to reinforce the alphabet with my preschooler!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Alphabet, Get Crafty, Kids Craft

Sites That Link to this Post

1. HUGLESS DOUGLAS | librarianmum | March 4, 2013
  2. Hodge Podge Craft » 10 amazing handprint craft ideas for kids! | September 9, 2013
  3. DEAR ZOO | librarianmum | November 14, 2013
  1. How did I miss some of these! What a great resource you have created! I bet you had fun doing it.

2. Pinkoddy says:

They are brilliant and I have loved the journey.
    Maybe you could make one of those alphabet posters with them :O)

Well @JDaniel4′s Mom it was 6 Months worth, some were easily missed!!!!

And Pinkoddy, thank you for your continued support through out the letter journey.. some weeks were harder than others. You have been fab!

4. Clara says:

I saw this on Pinterest. If I found this project as a book in a bookstore I would buy one for my three year old and another for my kindergarten classroom. It’s really awesome!

5. I have loved all of these Maggy, such a wonderful idea. xx

Clara – what a lovely thing to say! Maybe I should ask my editor…..
    Emma – thank you! We had such a lovely time doing them too!!!

7. Anna says:

We loved this idea too. My son isn’t too keen on getting his hands dirty, to we drew around our hands. We always find lots of inpiration at Red Ted!

8. This is awesome. Mind-blowing. Super-duper creative! Oh, Maggy, you’re a genius!

Anna – ooh what a lovely idea to draw AROUND the hands for “non messy” kids. Brilliant.

Rashmie – THANK YOU :-) BEAM!

10. Faye says:

Wow! This is so creative! Truly inspirational.

11. Feenees says:

What kind of paint did you use? I love this craft!! Thanks

12. Yay! I ended up missing ones along the way so thankyou for doing the complete set. They are fantastic! LOVE! x

13. My kids love this so much.

14. Karla says:

This is incredible! We are starting ‘A Letter A Week’. I just added this activity to our list. My daughter will love this!!

15. amy says:

Thank you so much for this! I am a nanny and love doing handprint art with the children, and have been looking for a long time for a resource exactly like this! Great job!

16. Sylvie says:

You are amazing! I have run my art and craft school for children for 29 years and am forever looking for like minded ideas to sow the seed of creativity the children I teach yearn to explore. I have just spent 2 days on your site, thank heavens I am om school holidays!!!!!!!! Thank you so much. Sylvie-Anne x

17. Sylvie says:

The pleasure was all mine. Have some things you haven’t tried yet and am willing to share.

18. Roopa says:

These are brilliant!! And would make lovely kids room wall art :)

Yes, they are all over Red Ted’s bedroom and look lovely!

20. Nicole says:

Just brilliant. I could look at them all day :-)

We did have a lovely time making them and the best bit was bringing them all together!

22. Dana says:

These are ADORABLE!!! My daughter is now 12, but I’m helping out with my preschool-age nephew. I hope he loves these ideas!

23. jackie says:

How have i not seen this before. This is just over the top awesome!

Awe!! I am so pleased you got to see it now!! We do miss a lot from each other’s blogs, don’t we?!?!!? Just so much out there to see all the time!

25. dianaruth says:

Wow! I am inspired. Thank you for sharing. I am going to try this with my 3 years old!

26. Olga says:

Thank you for the great idea!

27. Aimee says:

In love! We are just starting homeschool for preschool with our boys (4.5 and nearly 3) and are on the letter A this week. Want to do one each week and make them each an alphabet book on snapfish or something like it at the end. They will love it! Thank you!

28. Culturebaby says:

What a lovely idea- and it works so well. You could have them turned into an alphabet wall chart. We’ve just written about introducing toddlers to art appreciation through their love of animals. You might be interested in this post: http://www.culture-baby.net/2013/11/animal-magnetism-art-appreciation-for.html

29. Memery says:

I am new to your site and glued to my laptop, what a wonderful way to enjoy learning ABC’s. I just know my class will love doing this and can’t wait to start. I see an art week coming up….YYYEEHHAA!!! Thank you so much.

30. Natasha says:

These animal prints are incredible! I had to pin! Thank you for sharing these!

31. Victoria says:

I absolutely love this!! WE love making handprint crafts and definitely will be using this for our next letter :)

32. Colleen hayward says:

These should definitely go in a book like your other book it would really sell well I’m sure. Great ideas always do!

33. Snow says:

I love this! What a great idea do to through out the year :) I do think it is funny though that “A” is for Alien… Since when is an alien an animal? Haha! I think I might try Alligator or something instead. The alien is adorable though ;) love this website and all your creativity!

You have caught me out…. when we started this (and we did start with A), I didn’t actually INTEND on doing ANIMALS only.. but for some reason, it turned into an Animal Handprint Alphabet. I never went back to A to fix it!!!