We love Chinese New Year and always look forward to the Chinese New Year celebrations. If we manage to make it to Chinese Town, a key part of this, is watching the Dancing Lions outside storefronts and restaurants! The Chinese Lion is often forgotten when people are looking for Chinese New Crafts, which is a shame as it is such a fun part of celebrations.
Fun Chinese Lion Paper Crowns
Making paper crowns for Chinese New Year is super quick and easy. The headbands are super simple and a great way for toddlers and preschoolers to “dress up” and take part in any Chinese New Year parades, plays or celebrations. Especially for those who are more reluctant to dress up.
Maybe you are planning a Dragon Dance and Lion Dance? Combine this Dancing Lion Headbands with a red or green outfit and you are all sorted!
Lion Headband Supplies needed:
- Your printables – I have made one freebie and one bundle
- Light Cardstock or card in different colors – though can make these with regular paper too
- Coloring pens or crayons if using the Lion coloring page format
- A little glue/ stapler for a simple assembly
The full color Dancing Lion is available as a freebie to Red Ted Art readers. Simply enter $0 at check out. The Full Color AND the coloring page lion is part of the bundle available on Gumroad or Teachers Pay Teachers. I have made it as low cost and accessible as possible.
Making this easy Lion Headband:
Making this Chinese Dancing Lion Headband is incredibly EASY!
AS you can see from the printable, you have your basic instructions written on the printable too!
1. Print onto coloured or white paper
2. Cut out shapes you want to use
3. Tape or staple paper rectangles to make head band and to fit size of child’s head add
4. Decorate with shapes & pens
5. Optional: add eco friendly glitter or additional pen decorations or tissue paper pom poms!
Check out our full collection of Chinese Lion Activities here (including a full size Lion Printable Mask)
Our full collection of Chinese New Year Crafts is here: