Our Despicable Me fever continues. We recently shared our easy Minion Finger Puppets with you and today we have some Minion CUPCAKES! Clearly the kids were VERY excited about this activity as it involved treats and they adore baking and decorating and of course EATING these Minions. (Own your Despicable Me DVD today).
Look at the smile on Pip Squeak’s face… CLEARLY that is success! Isn’t it?! (We popped round to the neighbours’ house and shared them).
We share our favourite and simple Vanilla Cupcake recipe and then get decorating.
Despicable Me Cupcakes – Ingredients (makes 12):
- 2 eggs (weighed, in our case: 130g)
- 130g self raising flour
- 130g sugar (I held a little back, as the ganache is super sweet)
- 130g butter
- A splash of milk (to make it smoother and easier to divide in the tins)
- Drop of vanilla essence
For the Minion Cupcake Icing:
In addition to the Vanilla Cupakes Ingredients, you will need:
- Fondant (cake covering)
- Yellow food colouring
- White chocolate buttons – regular size and giant ones
- Black icing pen
How to make your Minion Cupcakes – Method:
1) Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend all together. (The Boy (aged 4.5yrs) is getting VERY good at cracking eggs, I am impressed).
2) Divide equally into 12 cupcake cases with some tea spoons.
3) Bake for 20-25min, keep checking – when browning and springy to the touch take out of oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
4) Now it is time to decorate using your fondat. Check out our video for more!
Here our Despicable Me Cupcakes video:
What do you think? Fun, no? And PERFECT for that Despicable Me Birthday Party!!!