Easy Paint Pour Project for Valentines Day. Oh how I *LOVE* this LOVE Paint Pouring project. Paint pouring is a super fun and mesmersing art technique for kids. Susie from Twitchetts talks us through this great art process that kids will love! The best thing.. you can use this Paint Pouring Technique with any shape – be it LOVE, Hearts or more… read on and find out more. More great Art Valentines Projects for Kids available on Red Ted Art, as well as many more great Valentines Day Decorating ideas and Kids Valentines Crafts!
Hello, Susie here from Twitchetts! I’m so excited to be sharing this fun technique to make an amazing keepsake gift with your kids this year. These love signs are perfect for Valentine’s Day, but could also be created with names for birthdays, Mom for Mother’s Day, or anything else your heart desires! Pour painting is everywhere, but most methods are aimed at adults and use an acrylic pouring medium. We use a DIY version of this to make it more kid-friendly, aka less expensive, and you might just have what you need in your home already!
For Paint Pouring you will need –
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Red Ted Art!
- A Love Sign – for example you can get some here US/ UK
- Acrylic Paints – for example US/ UK
- White Glue – for example US/ UK
- Craft Sticks.
- Parchment Paper
- Cups for Mixing and Pouring (get some disposable ones here US/ UK)
How to make your Paint Pouring Love Sign
Making Your Love Sign:
As with many of our crafts we have a choice of watching the Video How to or following the Paint Pouring Step By Step instructions below!
How to do Paint Pouring Step By Step instructions
Get your paints ready
- Start by getting your paints ready. Create your pour medium by mixing 2 parts white glue to 1 part water.
- Take that mixture and add it to each of your paint colors using a 1 to 1 ratio.
- Now it’s time to stack your paints!
Get paint pouring
- Go back and forth between colors adding them to a new cup I like to use little medicine cups so you don’t use too much paint at a time. Then start pouring!
- You can drizzle, zig-zag, twirl it around.
- Try to get as much paint on the surface as possible.
- Pick up your piece and tilt it around to get the paint running over the edges.
- You might need to create another batch of paint to pour or use your craft stick to encourage the paint near the ends.
- You can see the whole process in quick video above.
- Once you are happy with your design move them to a fresh sheet of parchment to dry. Do NOT leave them on paper or cardboard. They will surely stick!
Check out more fun ideas on Twitchetts!
- Use up all those leftover paint drops to make these fun Painted Heart Bookmarks!
- Check out these Poured Christmas Rocks that you can easily switch up for any occasion!
- See more Creative Painting ideas
More wonderful Art Projects for Kids this Valentine’s Day:
Explore more gorgeous 31 Days of Love Valentines Day Decorating ideas here
…as well as all our wonderful Kids Valentines Crafts!