We had a Hawaiin Themed Day a couple of weeks ago. As part of that we ate some Hawaiin Food (see below), decorated with Hibiscus Flower garlands and made this fun little Toilet Paper Roll Tiki Masks!
Hawaiian Day Activities and Makes
- Flower Garlands
- Large leaves and Hibiscus Flowers
- Write Aloha signs
- Watch the Moana Movie
- Watch the Lava Song
- Have a go at Limbo
Our Hawain Food included:
- Hawaiin Bread – it tasted a little like a brioche (and was VERY big..). We will definitely make this again
- Grilled Chicken in Coconut Marinade (the marinade was delicious!)
- Pineapple Rice
- Chocolate & Coconut Haupia Pie (a great one for vegans?! The texture was fascinating!)
We did also get some Spam.. but forgot to eat it! We will be making a Spam Hawaiin breakast at some time!
To make your TP Roll Tiki Masks, you will need:
Now to our tiki masks! Read all about the Tiki Masks here.
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Chalk Pens or chalk pastels
- Black marker pen
- Print out of Tiki Mask examples (we did a google search and selected some)
How to make your Loo Roll Tiki Mask Decoration
Tiki Mask Toilet Paper Rolls are really very easy to make! Basically, take a print out of Tiki Mask examples, study the features and look at the ones you like best.
Then taking your chalk pens draw on your TP rolls.
Make some of the key features (e.g. eyes, nose and mouth) pop by giving them a black outline with a black marker pen.
You can make lots quickly and easily!
What do to with your TP Roll Tiki Mask
- Line them up
- Stack them
- Have a go at Tiki Mask bowling
- Staple them to some ribbon or string as tiki mask bunting
- Stuff some tissue paper into the bottom and fill with treats as little Tikie Mask Favour boxes
- Cut some holes into the eyes and mouth and pop an electric tealight inside to make Tiki Mask lanterns
I hope you enjoyed our “trip” to Hawaii!