Egg Carton Flower Bouquet
Learn how to make egg carton flowers step by step for today’s 31 Days of Love posts. This darling Egg Carton Flower Bouquet is perfect for both Valentine’s Day with Preschoolers and Mother’s Day!! So simple and stunning! Reminds me of the Egg Carton Fairy Lights we made many moons ago! Over to the lovely Cara.
Hi again, Red Ted rock stars! Time to make some easy egg carton flowers!
I’m Cara, the art-loving momma/rainbow addict behind Raising Kinley, a happy & colorful little spot where I share all of our most fun art projects and playful educational ideas. I’m so excited to be joining in with the 31 Days of Love fun this year and I’ve got something super special to share with ya!
My mom is the ultimate Valentine’s Day fan. She throws a red and pink hearty party every single year and my daughter, Kinley, and I love to bring her a Valentine bouquet with us when we go, but there’s one little problem: she’s terribly allergic to pretty much every single flower! We’ve had to get creative with crafty flowers and have made some out of tissue paper and painted paper towels, but this year I dreamed up a brand new kind of blossom made out of egg cartons that I thought you might love too.
Simple Egg Carton Flowers Bouquet – Supplies:
- egg cartons
- acrylic paint
- hot glue + glue gun
- scrap cardboard
- green pipe cleaners
- assorted pom-poms (buttons or pipe cleaner scraps could work too)
How to make an Egg Carton Flower Bouquet Instructions:
- Cut the egg cups from your egg cartons and trim them so they look a little more flower-like. I like to cut little triangles from the side of the cups that were on the outside so all of the edges of each cup look similar.
- Paint the egg cup flowers.
- Hot glue a green pipe cleaner to the back of each flower to make the stems.
- Arrange the flowers on your piece of scrap cardboard. No rules here, just however you think they look pretty.
- Gather the stems and tie them with a ribbon.
- Add pom-poms to the center of each egg cup. We used a pink pipe cleaner, too, to make the little anthers. Anything goes with this step, too. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try any craft supplies you’ve got lying around.
Don’t they make the perfect egg carton flowers for preschool?! So cute and oh so simple. I know anyone receiving this egg carton craft on Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day would be super chuffed!
If you like this, you might also like:
Looking for more Valentine’s Day with Preschoolers inspiration?
… and Mother’s Day Craft Ideas: