Mmmmh. Nom nom nom. Today, we have a DELICIOUS looking Valentine’s Day Treat for you – No Bake Cheesecake. Ooooh so good. My mouth is watering already! I know that we will have to have a go at making this delicious looking recipe! Chris is joining us once again in this year’s 31 Days of Love series. Celebrating bloggers from around the world and all their fantastic Valentine’s Day Activities, Ideas and Crafts! Over to Chris!
Hello! I’m Chris and I blog at Life is Delicious where I share vegetarian recipes as well as crafts and lifestyle ideas. You can find me on Facebook , Twitter and Pinterest and you can see my alter ego over on Thinly Spread.
I’m always keen to get children involved in the kitchen and this recipe for a no bake cheesecake is really easy to make, produces delicious results and makes a glorious Valentine’s treat!
How To Make Redcurrant No Bake Cheesecake – Recipe
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 50g butter
- 275g cream cheese
- 225ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 25g redcurrants plus more for decorating
You will also need a 20cm, loose bottomed, spring form cake tin or four adjustable heart shaped moulds which will expand and allow you to release your cheesecakes.
- Lightly grease your tin or moulds with butter
- whizz the biscuits in a food processor until crumbed (children like putting the biscuits into a plastic bag and bashing them with a rolling pin which does the job just as well and is lots of fun!)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix thoroughly into the biscuit crumbs
- Press the biscuit crumbs firmly into your tin or moulds
- Simmer your redcurrants in a pan until they release their juice and go nice and squishy
- Pass them though a fine plastic sieve to remove skin and seeds, pressing with a spoon to make sure you have extracted all the juice, allow to cool
- In a food processor, whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, redcurrant juice and icing sugar until smooth
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the cream cheese mixture
- Spoon on top of the biscuit base, smooth the tops and refrigerate overnight
- Unmould carefully and serve garnished with a sprig of redcurrants or some rose petals for your loved one!
More Ideas From Life is Delicious
Thank you so much for having me here to share my Grown Up Valentine’s Treat ideas! Do visit Life is Delicious for more treats to woo your loved one!
Looking for another less seasonal delicious recipe? Try this pineapple dream it looks AMAZING!
You may enjoy these 25 Valentine’s Day Treats! Take a peak
or browse the 31 Days of Love posts here!
Or check here for a set of NO CANDY Valentine’s Day Gifts to friends.