The lovely Jackie from Happy Hooligans wrote a guest post for me many moons ago about the joys of DIY Puffy Paint. This DIY art medium is so so easy to make yourself in minutes (if that, probably seconds) an is super fun to work with. You can use the paint all year round for all sorts of projects. Lovely Heart Garlands for Valentines or Flower Cards for Mother’s Day. Today we have a Puffy Paint Winter Project for you: Puffy Paint Snowman Snowglobe cards (what a mouth full, yes, I am sure “SNOWMAN CARDS” would have been quite enough.. but I though adding a little snowglobe would be fun!).
Puffy paint really IS easy to make and great fun to work with! The kids want to use theirs to give to their teachers!
Puffy Paint Snowmen Cards – Puffy Paint Recipe & Materials:
- 1 table spoon of SELF RAISING Flour, 1 table spoon of salt a little water (multiply to get desired quantities)
- Paint and embellishments (optional)
- Black card
- Scissors and glue (for embellishments)
Puffy Paint Snowmen Cards – What we did:
1) Mix your flour and salt and slowly add your water until you have a spreadable mixture (not too runny)
5) Add details in paint (or you can do this AFTER the microwave)
6) Now pop your creation into the microwave for 20-40sec – now MICROWAVES DO VARY. So I suggest a short period FIRST and then if it hasn’t set properly add a little extra time. See how it works for YOUR appliance.
When removing, take care, as the card can be hot!
7) Add details such a nose or hat or scarf and write Merry Christmas!
Ta-Daaaaa. Aren’t these Puffy Paint Snowman Cards simply the cutest?!
I do hope you have lots of fun with this activity and that you will be writing lots of lovely cards to family and friends this winter!