Quilled Reindeer Pattern
If you want to make a gift EXTRA special this Christmas, make some super adorable quilled reindeer tags! They are a relatively short quilling pattern, so you can make lots of them for your festive Christmas Gift Wrapping. Of course this adorable quilled reindeer pattern would look lovely on Christmas Cards too! We love easy quilling patterns, hope you do too!
If you’re thinking that this looks like a lot of work for a gift tag – it really is only 13 rolls, so it doesn’t take very long at all!
Quilled Reindeer Pattern – Materials
- Small pieces of card cut into a tag shape
- 12″ quilling paper in medium brown, light brown, light pink, white, black and red
- Quilling slotted tool
- Tweezers (optional)
- Red pom pom (optional)
- Single hole punch
Quilled Reindeer Pattern – How To
Step 1: Quilled Reindeer Head
- Glue two lengths of medium brown quilling paper together, then roll up. Let it unravel into a loose circle, and glue it on to the card.
- Roll up a single length of medium brown paper, loosen it off slightly, then bend it into a semi circle.
- Glue it in position on top of the first circle.
Step 2: Quilled Rudolph Ears
- Join one length of light pink to one length of medium brown.
- Roll it up (starting with the pink), loosen it off slightly then pinch it into an eye shape.
- Glue it onto the card and repeat for the other ear.
Step 3: Quilled Reindeer Pattern Antlers
- Use four strips of light brown paper to make into loose eye shapes.
- Cut another strip of light brown paper in half, and make two smaller eye shapes.
- Glue all six into position to form two antlers between the ears.
Step 4: Quilled Rudolph Eyes
- Cut a length of black paper in half, and glue each half to a full length of white paper.
- Roll it up, starting with the black, into a tight circle.
- Repeat for the other eye and glue them into position on the upper portion of the head.
Step 5: Nose
- Roll up a length of red paper into a small circle, and glue into position.
- Alternatively – use a red pom pom instead! I have shown both options here.
Step 6: Finishing
- Trim down the tag if necessary.
- Punch a hole at the top and loop round a small length of ribbon.
Written by the lovely Craftulate for Red Ted Art!
If you love quilling, we have many more fantastic quilling patterns for you here: