Red Ted's Birthday and 2 yrs olds party food…
Hurray! Red Ted is Two. (Well almost, but we celebrated his birthday today!). We decided to keep it “low key” ish but still make him feel like the special boy that he is. So the grandparents came and we planned a little party: lots of party food and gifts. Being a funny sort of mum, I was trying to make his party food yummy and exciting, without too much chocolate or sweets. And exciting it was! Red Ted greeted his grandparents with “Eat Eat” as he couldn’t wait to get his hands on the tasty morsels.
Here is what we had:
- Melon pieces
- Cheery tomatoes
- Cocktail sausages
- Handmade mini meatballs (easy: mince, egg, onions, herbs – form and shove in oven covered in olive oil, no standing at hob)
- AND my piece the resistance: blue and green star/ heartshaped sandwiches! Hurray! (add some (natural) colours(http://thegoodlifebloggers.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/india-tree-natural-food-colouring/) to your breadmachine.. cut v fine slices and fill with favourite ingredients and use cookie cutters to shape!)
- Birthday cake: Carrot cake – yum!
Tomorrow we are repeating the whole lot with our “German Coffee Morning” mum and friends and we are adding more goodies:
- Banana muffins (made by Red Ted)
- Shortbread cookies (made by Red Ted)
- Cucumber slices
- Mini baby bells
Also realised that a two year old real doesn’t need many gifts – a few well chosen gifts are plenty – too much and he doesn’t know where to looks. Tomorrow’s “do” is a “no presents” do for that reason! Party bags will contain, muffins and cookies. Don’t need to add more trinkets to the world!