Unicorn Toilet Paper Roll Purse
Unicorn Purse? Or is it a…. UniCoin Purse?!
Oh we do love a good old pun… especially when it combines Unicorns and Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids. Today I share a FANTASTIC Guest Post by Brainy Beginnings Network! Learn how to make this oh so cute Unicorn Toilet Paper Roll Purse…
Unicorns Crafts are just about the most magical thing to hit 2018. Unicorns are beautiful, fun and whimsical. That is quite a winning combination, wouldn’t you say? These UniCoin Purse can hold your change and look cute while doing it! The best news? They are made from recycled materials! Can you guess which they are made of?
Let’s find out!
Unicorn Toilet Paper Roll Purse – Materials:
- Toilet Paper Roll per purse
- Mod Podge or White school glue
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue
- Black Sharpie
- Contact Paper (optional)
How to make a Unicorn Purse from Toilet Paper Rolls
- Fold toilet paper roll tube in half. Flatten it making a sharp crease.
- Cut one side off creating the side of your UniCoin Purse. Use the scrap piece to trace the same shape on the other side. Keep the scraps for the flowers.
- Cut one side of the paper tube open. This will be the opening of the purse. Lay it flat and glue on your choice of cardstock.
- Optional: Apply contact paper to the outside of the purse, over the cardstock. This will create a wipeable surface. Fold the contact paper over the purse opening edge about an inch.
- Cut the edge of the contact paper off and hot glue the purse closed on each side. Leave the opening at the top.
- Use the scraps of the toilet roll to create the flowers and the horn. Cut the scraps flat and paint them in your choice of color. Let dry. Cut long strips for the flowers and a horn shape from the painted scraps.
- Glue on the horn, apply glitter if desired. Roll the long strips into a flower shape and glue around the horn.
- Use a sharpie to create the eyes of the unicorn.
- Place your coins in your UniCoin Purse and show all your friends what you’ve made!
If you enjoyed this post by Brainy Beginnings Network, here are more wonderful creative ideas from her:
- Bunny Print Pillow
- Penguin Eggs for Easter
- Adorable Fish Egg Carton Dacing Fish
- Colourful Magic Carpets
Fancy more Unicorn Craft Inspiration: