How to.. Make Paper Quilled Butterflies (Guest Post) - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How to.. Make Paper Quilled Butterflies (Guest Post)

| December 16, 2011 | 28 Comments

butterfly quilledRemember the lovely Daisies from a few weeks back? Well Honey from Honeys Quilling is back and is sharing another wonderful tutorial with you – How to Make Paper Quilled Butterflies. I think they are beautiful! Why not give a quilling set to someone as a gift and have a go? I think it is lovely to try new crafts!

Here we go:

paper quilling beginners

paper quilling

how to paper quill

paper quilling how to

paper quilling crafts

learn paper quilling

paper quilling instructions

butterfly craft

butterly quilled

I do love the earrings, but I ADORE the hair slides? Aren’t the cute? So.. are you tempted to give quilling a go? Go on…

Some bits and pieces from Amazon.com to get you started!

Tags: , , ,

Category: How To's, Paper Crafts

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Make Your Own Paper Quilled Butterfly Earrings | Honey's Quilling | January 27, 2014
  1. GG says:

Your work is incredible, love the butterflies.

2. Mumtaz says:

so lovely and very informative i will try…

Aaah thank you GG and Mumtaz! Honey will be pleased!

4. Carolina J. says:

Oh, it looks exquisite!

5. Shiloh says:

These are absolutely beautiful. Quilling has been very intriguing to me recently. It\’s so pretty.

I never really \”got\” quilling until I saw Honey\’s beautiful creations. I am now a convert!!!

7. Stevie says:

wow, they are so intricate and beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial!

Beautiful, aren\’t they?!

9. mary says:

Wow!! I hope I can make them as perfect as you did in picture. My daughters will love the hair clip idea.

10. Oooh they are fab! Am so not a crafter but even I\’m tempted to have a go at those… thanks!

11. These are beautiful! I don\’t think I have the patience for this craft, but these butterflies are absolutely wonderful! :)

12. Rachel says:

I really need to learn how to quill… those are gorgeous! Please come share them over here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/12/project-party-weekend-come-link-up-your.html#comment-form

Done! Thanks for the invite!

14. WOW, these are so wonderful. They look so intricate and delicate. Amazing. Great job!

15. Elaine Kalmbach says:

Wow, these butterflies are beautiful! I used to do quilling back about 40 years ago… made quite a few pictures on velvet – mostly flower and basket ones. I never had that neat template – only paper strips, my small tool and white glue and my background material. Just love seeing things \”resurface\” as hobbies! Elaine

16. Is there a certain type of paper that is best for this? I love paper crafts, but have never tried this. It looks awesome. I\’m just wondering what paper is best. Thanks:)

There is special paper quilling paper? It comes in strips and is a little thicker than normal paper?

e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Lake-City-Craft-Quilling-100-Pack/dp/B0013L5U82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329409979&sr=8-1

18. Ailsa Cordner says:

Another great looking tutorial – can’t wait to give this one a go when I get my hands on some black paper!!!

19. Anna-Marie Pesely says:

Thank-you so much for posting this tutorial! I wanted one about how to do butterflies and this is just perfect. Plus sealant suggestion is great tip.

20. Harshitaa jain says:

Hi.. Thank you for the demonstration, i tried doing it.. Came really well

21. Mithra says:

This tutorial is so helpful. I love the butterflies. It looks fantastic.

22. Mme Dulashemnyuy says:

Hi I just wish to say thank you for this tutorial I enjoyed the lesson