Oh how we love paper crafts. Paper crafts for preschoolers. Paper ideas for kids. Paper DIYs for grown ups. Paper crafts for young and old!!! We love paper. And we love paper so much because it is cheap and it is SO SO SOOOO versatile.
This page is a designed to help direct you to the paper craft of your choice. So it is really just a place to help share all our paper crafts categories and help point you in the right direction. I was tempted to put all our paper crafts in one long list, but that would be really hard to navigate.
For the majority of these crafts, all you need is some paper or light card, a pair of scissors, a glue stick and pens… super simple materials!
Some of our most popular paper crafts:
Many of these are also easy construction paper crafts, though here on Red Ted Art, I have a preference for printer paper and light card stock! So, let’s take a look at our most popular little project ideas for a rainy day!
- Easy Paper Bird Finger Puppets – a fun tutorial to make easy finger puppets. Ours were actually made from scrap paper.
- Make paper baskets for all seasons (here we decorated them for Easter) – follow our simple instructions to create paper baskets in any size, or use the handy basic template! You can use paper or better still light cardstock to make these.
- Make paper bows from magazines from strips of recycled paper/ magazines or gift wrap! These make a wonderful decoration for any gift!
- Free Printable Butterfly Life Cycle – then grab your colouring pencils and make these wonderful educational paper toy!
- Free Printable hatching dinosaurs – a super sweet one for toddlers nad preschoolers to make!
- Free Printable Pokemon Fidget Toys – another cool paper toy to colour in first. Though we have full colour versions available too. Flextangles are such a cool and fun paper craft.
- Fun with simple paper butterflies – these paper butterflies can be used in so many ways – make a garland, decorate cards, hang in the window as lovely decorations! Easy crafts for spring or summer!
- Clever 3d paper strawberries (no templated needed for this craft, but there is one available)
- And an easy paper box for small gifts! Definitely a popular paper craft on this blog. So useful too!
You can PLAY with paper too.. and of course make some fabulous greeting cards. Top ideas for you include:
- Paper Spinner toys – a fun STEAM project to make with the kids
- Easy paper helicopters – these also feature in the video tutorial on autoplay – a great activity for a play day or even a birthday party!
- Pop up rainbow cards – use markers to draw your rainbows or strips of paper in different colours! Then fold your accordion to make a rainbow! Such a wonderful paper rainbow craft!
These are just a selection of our most popular easy paper craft ideas. As mentioned, we have many many MANY more ideas on this blog, including easy paper weaving (with printable weave templates), paper cone gnomes, pi paper chains – lots of kids crafts for different seasons. Which is why, we have the following collections for you!
Crafts with Paper by craft type
Paper Crafts are huge! There are so many craft types that “paper DIYs” cover.. from Origami for Kids and beginners, to crafting with newspapers. Colouring sheets fall under the broad paper crafts category, as do DIY Card Making ideas. Here we have tried to group our Paper Craft ideas by type!
Origami for Kids – Origami is wonderful for fine motor skills and spacial awareness. Check out many of our easy peasy beginners projects!
Newspaper Crafts – we love the thriftiness and eco friendliness of working with newspapers, great for Earth Day too!
Paper Quilling Ideas – paper quilling is beautiful and not as hard as it looks, we have many projects for beginners using larger strips of paper!
Coloring Pages for grown ups – perfect for a bit of mindfulness
DIY Paper Toys – cool paper toys to engage even the most reluctant crafters!
Pop Up Cards for Kids – handmade cards are the best! And there are so many designs to choose from. Many come with templates too.
DIY Paper Puppet Templates (seasonal)
Card Making Ideas – more general card making ideas (i.e. not necessarily pop ups). Grab the cardstock, paper and get started!
Well we do LOVE a Corner Bookmarks Design! These are super popular with my kids, as well as teachers crafting in the classroom. Well over 100 designs to choose from and keep everyone busy. PAPER ROCKS!
Seasonal Paper DIYs for Kids and Adults
We love paper craft ideas all year round.. especially around the seasons. Paper is great to decorate with and great for making seasonal paper craft greeding cards. This section brings together our favourite Seasonal Paper Crafts for Kids. From Paper Easter Crafts to Halloween and Christmas. We will continue to add this seasonal section over time! So pleased do pop by every so often for new season easy paper crafts for kdis!
You will notice that we have a particular love for bookmarks!! Especially paper bookmarks and we have a number of sub categories looking at wonderful Paper Corner Bookmarks for the seaons (we particularly adore the Christmas Bookmark Corners!).
Christmas Paper Crafts – lots of fantastic Christmas DIY ideas, including paper home decor!
Paper Christmas Tree Crafts – again many home decor ideas!
Easy Handmade 3d Christmas Cards – grab the card stock, scissors and markers.. and get making your beautiful and fun homemade Christmas Cards!
Fabulous Paper Christmas Ornaments – there are so many lovely paper ornaments you can make.
A there are a great number of Paper New Year’s Craft in this COUNT DOWN activities collection!
Needless to say, we have an extensive list of Paper Valentine’s Crafts for you! So many brilliant paper crafts for kids!
Mother’s Day Cards are always a popular Paper Craft for this time of year!
Crafts with Paper by craft type
Fun with Paper Fish Crafts for Summer!
And looks like plenty of you are planning your Paper Easter Crafts! Such a lovely season to craft for! With lots of great printables for Easter!
Or maybe you are more specifically interested in EASTER Origami for Kids? Here is a great collection of our favourites – with ideas for beginners and young children, through to intermediates!
We love Newspaper Crafts too…. newspaper are super fun and just as versatile as paper.. embrace the print or papier mache into something completely new!! Here are our favourite Easter Crafts from newspaper!
Dedicated to the gorgeous little bunny rabbit. Learn how to make paper rabbits step by step, with this fabulous collection of Paper Bunny Crafts for Kids! Too cute.
Printable Father’s Day Crafts and Activities
Easy download Father’s Day Bundle – 28 pages in one easy download to make cards and bookmarks!
Paper Flower Crafts – learn how to make paper flowers at home! Super cute paper flower crafts for all age groups! Be sure to come back and to see these lovely flower diys made from paper!
Or check out our collection of how to make paper butterflies – over 17 paper butterfly crafts to choose from!
Or how about some fabulous Free Halloween Printables all made from paper
Check out our collection of Halloween ORIGAMI patterns that kids will love to make!
Topical Paper Crafts for Kids
If you love “topics” check out this topical Paper Crafts for Kids section – at the moment we focus on the Corner Bookmark Crafts, general paper bookmarks as well as fantastic set of Minion Paper Crafts and Printables. We will be adding to this section over time. Please do leave me feedback if there are any paper craft topics that you are particularly interested in!
Or how about some fun Paper Science Activities over on Science Sparks?! Love that website.