Boys Cars Party - sneaky preview - Red Ted Art's Blog

Boys Cars Party – sneaky preview

| February 3, 2012 | 13 Comments

Oooh, I am so excited, Red Ted’s Cars Party is starting to come together! We have made some Cars Cookie Cutter Candles. The local garage is giving me some old tyres for a party game.. and I have just figured out our “crazy balloon car race” – which car will be the first to cross the line?:

cars party balloon race

I am sure you can come up with a cleverer way to make this party game… but we will take 4 lego cars. 4 balloons. 4 crayons (aka balloon stoppers). 4 bricks and some masking tape.

Blow the balloons up. Use the crayons as stoppers. Secure on lego…

When you are ready, carefully pull the stoppers out. They have two functions – one as the stopper and two, to make sure that the tape, does not squish the balloon too much and let’s the air get out!

What do you reckon? Is this cars party fun?!?!?

Tags: , ,

Category: Kids Craft, Party Ideas

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Tug Boat Science | Life At The ZooLife At The Zoo | June 7, 2013
  2. 15 Fun Activities for 3 Year Olds! | Not Just Cute | February 10, 2014
  1. Tracy Dixon says:

Haha! Looks great, I might have to pinch that idea for my 3 year olds party this month! I can imagine the adults having fun with this too!

2. mummiafelice says:

How cool is that!? Brilliant!

3. Helen says:

Ah cool. How about pin the *insert car part* on the car or is that a bit lame. Pass the parcel with a car racing sound instead of music, could have a tyre race in garden but thats a bit similar to what you\’ve done. Maybe a lucky dip in the tyres? Sorry am in bed sick so nothing better to do!

Oh no no, keep the ideas coming!!! We may do a car tyre race indoors – depends on whether the inflatable tyres turn up or not in time!!!! And lucky dip is a great idea.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

4. hahaha, that\’s cool!! That\’s gonna be an awesome party!
    Stopping in from the Play Academy Linky :)

5. Lucky kiddos! Looks to be a fantastic party =)

6. Love it! We have a small sick guy stuck at home. I think we\’ll have to try this one out – thanks!

7. @Morrighani says:

Ha! I reckon me and the husband will have a bit of fun with this concept, never mind fun for small people!

Oooh perfect for small people home sick! Hope you had some fun!

Morrighani – good point! I think the dad\’s will like it just as much, if not more!

And thank you for all the lovely comments. Fingers crossed we do indeed have a nice afternoon! :-)

9. Lauree says:

How fun!!! What a great idea, thanks for posting.