How to... a Make Doll's House Bed - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How to… a Make Doll’s House Bed

| February 17, 2012 | 21 Comments

dolls house bed how toWelcome. As you know, our Dolls’ House is an ongoing project. As I add room by room and detail for detail. I was very pleased with the shell sink and the shower I showed you last time and we had lots of fun decorating the house for Christmas! Today I have  simple bed pattern. I made it to fit our dolls. I used the length of our dolls as a guide. You can easily adjust the basic pattern and idea for your dolls and your house!

Materials:

Thick card, stanley knife, acrylic paint (to give it a nice finish) for frame

Fabric left overs and (cotton wool) stuffing for pillows and duvet

The pattern: Print the following to fit the WIDTH of an A4 Piece of paper and you should have the right size! It was drawn by hand so mind any uneven lines. Key to your pattern are the slots – make sure you cut them 1mm wide so accommodate the with of your card, as than the corresponding two slots compliment each other – i.e. they go half way.

dolls house furniture pattern

furniture pattern

The piece that is “dashed” is optional – you may add an extra piece to connect the bed floor to the bed end. I did use this, but “stuck it down” with some acrylic paint.

I used my dolls to measure the length of my bed – so if your dolls are shorter or longer – just adjust the pattern.  In fact, the above pattern is for the white bed below. The brown one I made a little shorter.

1. Cut your card to may your dolls bed frame.
  2. Slot together the dolls bed together.
  3. Paint!
dolls furniture patterns
Even our little bunny likes the bed:
dolls house bed how to
Easy! We love our little doll’s house beds. And they were so easy to make and I think look really effective. I made a little cradle too… the children love it, but I am not 100% happy with the proportions, so you will have to wait for that!
Have you made any furniture for your doll’s house?

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Dolls House, How To's, Kids Craft, Recycling

1. We would love for you to share this on our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link party that we just posted. http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com

Done! And thank you for the invite :-)

3. Kate Takes 5 says:

You are far too talented for one lady!

You make me laugh, Kate!! Thank you, but you know… I find the more you make, the more ideas you have and the easier it all is!!!

5. anna says:

So clever and so gorgeous! The dolls and rabbit are a perfect fit :)

6. Oh, how fun!! I love dollhouses. I hope you will share at Sharing Saturday this week!! Thank you!!

Would love to Carrie!

And thank you Anna, I do think Bunny looks rather snug!

8. Ali says:

Your beds look so cosy. These are great tips, we were given a dolls house for Christmas. We already have some furniture but I am busy making the soft furnishings and accessories. I am particularly happy with my plates of food that I made, will be posting them soon.

Oooh I look forward to seeing your plates – we still have to make some!! We also need a sofa and an arm chair!!!!

10. How cute is that and so clever that the design just slots together. We have not got a dolls house yet but I love the idea that you are making everything for it.

Thanks for linking to Family Frolics

Kerry
    x

Thank you Kerry! Can\’t wait to make more bits and bobs!

12. Lorie says:

Love it! I want to play with that doll house! :)
    Thanks for linking to Kid\’s Co-op!

Yes, sometimes I wonder if the doll\’s house is more for me…..

14. Christine says:

SO CUTE!!!! My daughters would LOVE one of those!!

Would you PLEASE link up on my blog? PLEASE?!

15. oh my, this is definitely on our crafting list! thanks for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!