How To... Make a Tooth Fairy Box & More Kinder Surprise Craft Ideas - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How To… Make a Tooth Fairy Box & More Kinder Surprise Craft Ideas

| March 23, 2012 | 33 Comments

This is a hybrid “How To” and craft round up – all about Kinder Egg Surprise cases – I made Tooth Fairy boxes for the kids… the kids made a horsey.. and I collated more ideas to inspire you this Easter (and all year round)!

tooth fairy box

So, my children had some Kinder Surprise Eggs as a treat recently – I remember them well from my childhood (as Überraschungseier) and there is something irresistible about them: You get a chocolate egg treat, and inside there is a yellow case with a toy or puzzle inside. You never know what you will get! Always a surprise. Apparently Kinder Surprise Eggs are banned in the US! Sorry! But the rest of the world has them.

The children always wolf down their chocolate, check out what toy they have received and then we are then left with that well known Kinder Surprise case. Not sure what you call it. So… what to do with all those yellow capsules? I am pretty certain that Children around the globe will be gettig Kinder Surprises this Easter, so I thought I would quickly pull together some craft ideas!

What you need to make these Tooth Fairies:

tooth fairy box

Materials: One Kinder Surprise Capsule per fairy, acrylic paint, varnish, ribbon, hot glue gun, fabric scarps

1) I painted on the fairies – using the shape of the capsule to guide me a little – i.e. the head is the capsule lid. And the fairies’ cloaks run along a little ridge that the capsules have.

2) Varnished it, to help stop the paint from crumbling.

3) Tied my ribbon into a bow and glued it on with the hot glue gun.

4) Added “padding” in the form of a scrap of old “jumper” for the tooth to rest on!

Done!

Place your tooth in the fairy:

tooth fairy

Leave your tooth fairy by or under the pillow and the next day, open your tooth fairy up to find:

tooth fairy

Red Ted is fascinated and can’t wait for his milk teeth to come out now!

Red Ted Made this one:

kinder surprise craft horsey

A horsey! Cute, no? We attached the two capsules by snapping one lid onto the second egg and the second lid onto the first…

kinder egg suprise craft kinder surprise rattle toy kinder egg surprise craft idea

1. Chick

2. Rattle

3. Penguin Locket

kinder suprise snake kinder suprise shaker toy

4. Babushka Pin Cushion

5. Snake

6. Simple shaker

kinder suprise craft kinder suprise craft ideas kinder surprise craft

7. Crazy head

8. Wreath

9. Advent calendar

kinder surprise crafts kinder surprise crafts

10. Table cloth weights

11. Kinder Sound (from Oma Koppa)

12. Throwing Game

Are you inspired to get crafty with Kinder Surprises? What would you make? Come back and tell me all about it!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Easter, Get Crafty, How To's, Recycling

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Ozowiezo Blog / Tandenfee-doosjes voor wisselkinderen | September 1, 2012
  2. 12 Tooth Fairy Ideas and Traditions | Inspired By Family Magazine | January 16, 2013
  3. 12 Tooth Fairy Ideas and Traditions | Mommy Blogs @ JustMommies | February 18, 2013
  4. 18 DIY + Imprimibles para cuando al peque se le cae un diente | Cosas Molonas | Blog de Inspiración & DIY | | April 30, 2013
  1. so cute! I wish we had them in the US! That is such a fab way to hold the tooth for the tooth fairy. My girls would love that. Now I am even more bummed not to have them, thanks a lot Maggy! Just kidding! Fab stuff.

I know, I think it is so \”wrong\” that you can\’t get these in the US!! We should lobby the government… or you need to make a special trip to Canada!!!!

3. I\’m so jealous that we don\’t have them here in the US! Do you know why? These are some adorable ideas. :)

4. Thea says:

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Another ideas I was told about it to use the case to hold small bells and then makes felt balls.

KinderSurprise are considered dangerous by the US FDA as they might cause choking in young children. Some ethnic groceries (Easter European) carry similar items here in the US. Or you can make a special trip abroad to get them.

@Thea – yes, I have heard about the choking hazard :-(

6. Vic says:

These are flipping brilliant! I\’ve always loved kinda eggs and stupidly have never thought of re-using the eggs. What a great excuse for buying more!

7. What a great idea for reusing them and I love the round up – I still can\’t believe they are banned in the US :( all those people missing out on the lovely chocolates.

Thank you for linking up to Kid\’s Co-op

8. Robyn A. Kaiser says:

This is such a sweet idea, gives me a lot to think about since we can\’t get them here. I am certain there is something that we can use. Love this . Thanks!

Oooh if you do come up with alternative container, *PLEASE* do let me know, I would love to share it with my readers!! Thank you!

9. These are cute! That last yellow one actually reminds me of Woodstock is it? from Snoopy. Hehe. Without the hairs or ears though.

Oooh Les, good idea re Woodstock! Perfect!

11. MotherWifeMe says:

Wowzers, love them! It might even lead me to go and buy my toddler a Kinder Surprise this afternoon !!

12. Ruth says:

I would NEVER have thought of any of this! I just grudingly throw them out! pinning and being inspired! thank you!

13. Wow! I just discovered your site… you have a prolific amount of fabulous ideas! I love finding things that I can do to keep the kids interested in something other than just the television!

14. adorable! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling sunday!

Thank you Sara and thanks for hosting Craft Schooling Sunday! Love it :-)

16. alyna says:

Thats So CUTE! what great ideas, I often have these floating around at home.

17. mermaid says:

Very cute!
    I made something (somebody) else using your idea :)

Oooh what did you make?? Would love to see!

19. Rebecca says:

Wow this is brilliant. Anything fairy is good in our house!

20. Cristi says:

I had no idea they were not available in the US – my kids get them every Easter from their grandparents, who live in Canada, so I never realized. Great ideas!

21. Gena says:

I found a website that says they will ship them to the US. http://www.canadaonly.ca Shipping from there is crazy expensive though!!

22. Cstoufflet says:

These are so cute! My 6 year old would love to make one for her baby teeth I am so ready for summer so I get back to crafting with my little ones!

23. Victoria says:

What fantastic ideas!I knew there had to be something I could do with those yellow eggs now I’ll have some extra room in my craft box! Thanks!