How To... Make Washi Tape Pen Holders - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

How To… Make Washi Tape Pen Holders

| August 24, 2012 | 31 Comments

I LOVE Washi Tape… well I love ANY sort of pretty tape that you can stick on things. It is the sort of thing I pick up her and there at craft fairs, adore, love and then put in a drawer and don’t quite know what to do with it. A classic item for me to hoard! So I decided it was time Get Washi Tape Crafty and make some **things**.

FYI: To those of you that don’t know Washi Tape – it is self adhesive tape – like cello tape with a pretty pattern on the back.

First up… a super easy and pretty Washi Tape craft – stationary pot holders. I love it. As it is a great bit of upcycling AND because it is so pretty. I am in the process of tidying up my work area and it will be nice to replace funny plastic bots and bits and pieces with something PRETTY! Hooray.

Materials: an old can, Washi Tape

(PS you can read more about the Penguin Pencil Topper too and see our other “designs”. Perfect for Autumn Crafts)

1) Clean your can thoroughly and remove all paper. Some people prefer to sand down the inside the can, but I just left it. These are for me and I don’t find them too sharp.

2) Add layer for layer of Washi Tape. Do it slowly and neatly – my biggest stumbling blocks and then “ta-daaaaaa”.

Washi Tape

Done!

Want MORE Washi Tape Ideas? Look no further:

Washi Tape

25 Washi Tape Craft Ideas

Tags: , , , ,

Category: How To's, Recycling, stationery

1. I love the tape patterns you selected!

2. OH wow, How have I never heard of Washi tape?

3. Anna says:

I’ve got to get me some of that tape! I recycle pots and boxes for all sorts of things and would love to make them all look better.

4. I LOVE washi tape! It is so cool. I use it mainly when I scrapbook and when making cards, but have seen lots of cool ideas for it on Pinterest lately :)

Glad you like the pots ladies! And yes, Emma, time you need to go and check out Washi Tape!! Too lovely!

6. amber says:

I have yet to discover washi tape now I’ll be on the look out for it.

Yes! It is so lovely. Worth having a go!

8. Love how cute and easy that is. I’ve never seen washi tape before. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for it!

Once you have some, you will be hooked!

10. Very pretty :) I don’t have any of this tape.. but now I want some!

11. Helen says:

We have little pictures stuck in strange places all over our house thanks to washi tape. The girls and I are addicted to the stuff.

12. I’ve never seen washi tape – where do you get it from??

You get it in “Pretty Craft Stores” or Fairs. But you can also get it from Amazon and ebay!

14. cuter than cuteness! i agree, the floral & polka dots are super cute together! thanks for sharing ?

15. Ah Maggy!!
    so loveley and easy…..such an inspiration you are, as usual!

Thanks for linking up at Made With Love,
    Angelique

Thank you Jamie and Angelique!

17. You are truly making good use of these tapes.. Lovely.. Loved your new creation..and I love the colours too..

Thank you for linking into Made with love.. Sure hope to see you pop in more often.. :)

Awe thanks for the kind comment and do hope to stop by more too!

19. Judy says:

Sorry to disappoint but that is definitely NOT washi tape.

20. Olga says:

This looks lovely, is there an alternative to the washi tape? I have looked in every craft shop and they didn’t have it :(

21. Lesley says:

I have found that adding a little plaster of Paris to the bottom of my pen and pencil cups keeps them from getting top heavy and tipping over. I make them with tomato paste cans and contact paper to hold the miniature golf pencils in my kindergarten classroom. The plaster is a HUGE help. I love the washi tape idea. Thanks for sharing.

22. Alpana Deo says:

Wow…it looks very pretty. I have never heard of washi tape. But they sounds pretty cool. They look just like ribbons. What a nice way to use an old can.
    Shared it on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mothers-Gurukul/684068814942459?ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark