Chicken Doorstop Pattern - a Great Gift Idea - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

Chicken Doorstop Pattern – a Great Gift Idea

| November 6, 2013 | 10 Comments

Well.. I know many of you are familiar with our “juggling chooks”. They are a super easy sewing projects and look much trickier and impressive than they are…. I love that you just upcycle some old clothes and fabrics and hey presto you have a great craft and a super cute gift for kids. Make them in large and you instantly have a Chicken Doorstop Pattern (if you are feeling ambitious, check out our free Scottie Doorstop Pattern)!  I think they would make great gifts and are super easy and cheap to make:

Doorstop Chicken Pattern

Doorstop Pattern

I did exactly the same as for our Juggling Chickens – just used a bigger piece of fabric from a pair of bootleg jeans (they are wider at the bottom). And then I used two buttons for each eye – a large yellow one and a normal black one.  I stuffed the top part of the chicken with old carrier bags (make sure they are not bio degradable ones, as they disintegrate with time) and then filled it with about 1kg worth of the cheapest rice I could find.

I think I will do a pinstripe chicken doorstop next?!

A reader suggested adding “cloves and rosemary mixed together with rice. Great for the pantry for keeping weevils away”!

What do you think? Would make a great Christmas Gift or Birthday Gift, no?!

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Gifts, Gifts That Kids Can Make, How To's, Recycling

1. Mammasaurus says:

Love this idea! I have material I want to use up and I think the kids would love these!

2. Emma says:

Hello, just found you via nurture store, can’t believe I haven’t come across your site before!! What a wealth of fun ideas!
    Love this chicken door stop. I’m going to make some for my sister’s in law for christmas, and maybe even one for my chickens to snuggle up to this winter (it gets pretty cool here in the alps).
    Going to sign up to your mailing list right now!!
    Have a good day.

3. Jojo says:

Fab, my daughter would love one and I can make them for my friends as a little Xmas gift! I love your web site. Just found you and am hooked already! :)

4. Patricia says:

I found you via Pinterest and I loooooooooove. Will make those chickens. Love them .

5. einat says:

Thank you for this sweet project! We had spent the whole morning planning and stitching these chicks and had great time!
    My girls wanted them soft so we skipped the rice.

6. Gabikam says:

I love this idea. Can’t wait toi try it! I tried to find thé blog you mention un the article but I couldn’t. :( Do you have the adresse?