Christmas Books - My Reader's Favourite - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

Christmas Books – My Reader’s Favourite

| November 17, 2013 | 17 Comments

30 Christmas Books - I challenge you not to find something new!

I asked my Facebook reader’s what their favourite Christmas books EVER where – I can’t resist a good Christmas Story and I was looking for some new reads with the kids this Advent season. My Facebook readers then asked if I could pull the list together here for them. So I have. I apologise if there are no “descriptions” of the books, as I don’t know them all myself (plenty for me to explore). They are also in no particular order!

Please Note: I HAVE added affiliate links, which help me raise a little money towards the running of the site, whilst you shop. I hope that is ok!!

christmas storieschristmas books (2) Christmas

25 Christmas Lane

Harvey Slumfenburger’s Christmas Present

Wombat Divine

kids christmas books  Christmas picture books christmas stories (2)

Christmas Wombat

The Jolly Christmas Postman

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

christmas stories alternative traditional christmas books traditional christmas stories

Nightmare Before Christmas

The Night Before Christmas

The Polar Express

traditional christmas books for kids christmas tales traditional christmas stories (2)

Rocking Horse Christmas

The Snowman

Lucy & Tom’s Christmas

Christmas books alternative modern chirstmas stories new christmas stories

Olive The Other Reindeer

Father Christmas Needs a Wee

Little One, We Know You’d Come

new christmas stories (2) Christmas stories for kids to enjoy Christmas Chapter Books

The Latke Who Wouldn’t Stop Screaming

Alpaca Saves Christmas

The Children of Green Knowe

traditional christmas books (2) lovely christmas books Christmas stories different

Mr Willowby’s Christmas Tree

Princes & Fairy: A Very Sparkly Christmas

Granny goes to Bethlehem

santa mouse christmas stories lovely old christmas books

Santa Mouse

Auntie Clause

12 Days of Christmas

new christmas bookx 61lmmoKiNZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA318_PIkin4,BottomRight,-18,15_AA300_SH20_OU01_  traditional christmas books (3)

Russel the Sheep Saves Christmas

The 12 Dogs of Christmas

The Gift of the Magi

christmas books for older kids christmas (2) animal christmas stories

The Box of Delights (for older kids)

The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher

The Animal’s Christmas Eve

So, I do hope you like this wonderful list of eclectic Christmas books – there are traditional Christmas books, funny Chirstmas books and modern Christmas books.. What is YOUR favourite book and which of the above are you tempted to get?!

Tags:

Category: Books, Christmas

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Reading Our Way Through Advent | Camille LeBron Powell | November 19, 2013
  2. Monday 9 December, 2013 | chatiryworld | December 9, 2013
  1. Lauren says:

We like “Going Home” by Eve Bunting. And I *still* tear up a bit at the end of Wombat Divine!

2. Luda C says:

We love “Stick Man”. Our favourite this time of the year! :)

3. Rob Dixon says:

Our family favorite is “the Christmas Mystery” by Jostein Gaarder

4. Johanna GGG says:

I love this list and have a love of christmas books – when we were little we loved Santa’s Toy Shop by al dempster, last year I really loved Room for a Little One by Martin Waddell from the library and this year I am excited to have a wonderful book by my friend Nicki Greenberg, The Naughtiest Reindeer – always gives Sylvia a laugh.

The jolly postman is one of my favourites in your list – such a delightful book and I think I would like to have a gander at Russell the Sheep Saves Christmas.

Now I am looking forward to getting out the Christmas books in a couple of weeks

5. Yay, so glad The Polar Express made it. I’ve heard there’s an actual Polar Express train journey you can ride at this time of year … complete with hot chocolate!!

I also love, love Dream Snow by the ever so talented Eric Carle (Hungry Caterpillar), oh that ending *sigh*

6. Viv says:

We’ve just come across Mortimer’s Christmas Manger – it’s our new favourite. Thanks for the list, will have to go exploring. :)

7. Elaine says:

Love this list :-). I will definatley be adding a couple of these to our christmas box. Our favourite is The Christmas Handbook by Malcolm Bird and Alan Dart, it has so many great christmas crafts and cute illustrations and just about everything a child needs to know about christmas. It’s out of print now but I got a copy from eBay for £2.

8. Mammasaurus says:

What a fab range – we love Happy Christmas to you too Blue Kangaroo from Emma Chichester-Clark the best x

9. audra says:

My childhood favorite is Jolly Old Santa Clause By George Hinke. The illustrations are beautiful.
    Don’t forget the “best Christmas pageant ever”

10. Lucy says:

Dear Santa by Rod Campbell is a great one for infants and toddlers.

11. julie rowland says:

I’ll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)by Hollie Hobbie

and

Melrose and Croc a Christmas to Remember by Emma Chichester Clark

12. Carol Schmitt says:

Cookie Count by Robert Sabuda is a great book to read to a small group. I was a preschool teacher and chose that one to read every year in December. The final page cut out is amazing.

13. Brenda says:

I’ll always love “The Doll’s Christmas” by Tasha Tudor – such a quaint story, and wonderful illustrations…