Aaaaah, I confess, we don’t have many St Patrick’s Day crafts here on Red Ted Art, it isn’t a “big day” here in the Uk, but we do have some Rainbow Crafts dotted around and I do like to pick out some crafts for those of you that DO like to celebrate and decorate for St Patrick’s Day. I try at least….
A few weeks ago, we made some super simple 3D Paper Hearts and a few of my readers suggested that they would look great as Paper Shamrocks for St Patrick’s Day.. so I thought I would give it a go for you!! What do you think?
To make these 3D Paper Shamrocks you will need:
- green paper (one A4 sheet used carefully will make 2)
- a little glue
To make these 3D Paper Shamrocks How To:
1) Begin by cutting out your paper hearts – make a “wider heart” than usual – as you will staple it in the middle and narrow it back down again. (Watch the video).
It is important that all 3 hearts are the same size. Maybe make yourself a template first and practice!
2) Cut a slit down the middle of the heart – approximately half way down. Fold back the flaps and staple in place.
3) Yup, your heart is finished. Repeat and make 2 more.
4) Cut a piece of green paper (left over from your main sheet). Apply a big blob of white/ pva glue and place the points of your heart on top. Let dry fully.
Enjoy! And wishing you all lots of good luck this St Patrick’s Day!