So, I think that this is a great time to explore rainbow crafts and activities. We are still stuck in dull, grey winter.. and with the sparkle of Christmas behind us, we need something to cheers us up.
Of course, you have St Patricks Day around the corner and rainbow crafts are great as St Patrick’s Day Crafts too.. or you may want to revisit the post in the Summer.. Rainbow crafts are just great all year round!!!
Rainbow Crafts for Kids
Decorative Rainbow DIYs
- Yarn Wrapped Cloud Rainbows for your wall or window
- Finger Knitting Rainbow – take your finger knitting to the next level. Great for the window or wall!
- Rainbow Heart Magnets – these are wonderful as a Valentines Decoration or for Mother’s Day!
- Rainbow Lace Art Wall Hanging – beautiful process art – combining lace and water colours!
- Melted Crayon Rainbow Heart Art – stunning and super fun! Who doesn’t enjoy taking a hair dryer and melting some crayons….?!
- This Rainbow Butterfly Canvas is easy to make and looks lovely!
- Or take a peak at these Paper Hearts and string up a rainbow heart garland!
- Turn these 3D Paper Hearts into Rainbows!
- Adorable Rainbow & Unicorn Printable Mobile
- Fun with “bleeding tissue paper” Art
- Beautiful Printable “Danish Heart” Rainbows
- Paper Rainbow Project
- Rainbow Paper Spinners (includes printable)
- Learn how to make a 3d Paper Rainbow Pop Up Card
- Gorgeous Rainbow Unicorn Hobby Horse
- These are adorable little Rainbow Waldorf Math Gnomes great fun to play and learn with
- Love this upcycled Rainbow Tissue Paper Jar project. Fun and easy and oh so pretty!
- I made these Rainbow Fairy Peg Dolls for my kids and we LOVE to play with them.
- The now “famous” Rainbow cake – every childhood should have one at some point!!
- The kids and I enjoyed exploring COLOUR THEORY with these Rainbow cookies
- Rainbow Pinata cake – every childhood should have one at some point!
- Rainbow Skittle Science (well probably more Rainbow SCIENCE than edible rainbows… hahahaha)
Rainbows Crafts for Preschoolers
- One of our favourite “Rainbow Science” experiments is this “Walking Water” via Schooling A Monkey! So fun and so easy to set up. And just magical rainbow fun!
- Rainbow Tissue Paper Jar project. Fun and easy and oh so pretty!
- Tissue Paper Rainbow Coffee Filters (so pretty!)
- These Cork Butterflies are super easy and fun to make!
- Why not go on a Rainbow Colour Hunt – a super easy activity to set up for kids on rainy days.
- Get your little ones to paint a rainbow with this easy finger paint recipe
- Toddler Rainbow Zip Busy Bag
- Paper Plate Rainbow Sewing Craft
- Stained Glass Rainbow DIY
Rainbow Crafts Gifts that Kids Can Make
- Rainbow Candle Holder – quirky and different
- Rainbow Vases – make a wonderful gift any time of year, so bright and cheerfulGorgeous Rainbow Unicorn Hobby Horse
Happy Rainbow Crafts Crafting!!!!!
More specifically, we have some great St Patrick’s Day Crafts for you to browse too!
Rainbow Crafts Video:
Many moons ago, we also had a fabulous “rainbow crafts hangout”, where you get to “see” some of the rainbow crafts shared below!