So, I think that this is a great time to explore rainbow crafts and activities. We are still stuck in dull, grey winter.. and with the sparkle of Christmas behind us, we need something to cheers us up. Of course, you have St Patricks Day around the corner and rainbow crafts are great as St Particks Day Crafts too.. or you may want to revisit the post in the Summer.. Rainbow crafts are just great all year round!!!
Rainbow Crafts for Kids
Decorative Rainbow DIYs
- Rainbow Heart Magnets – these are wonderful as a Valentines Decoration or for Mother’s Day!
- Rainbow Lace Art Wall Hanging – beautiful process art – combining lace and water colours!
- Melted Crayon Rainbow Heart Art – stunning and super fun! Who doesn’t enjoy taking a hair dryer and melting some crayons….?!
- This Rainbow Butterfly Canvas is easy to make and looks lovely!
- Or take a peak at these Paper Hearts and string up a rainbow heart garland!
- Turn these 3D Paper Hearts into Rainbows!
- Adorable Rainbow & Unicorn Printable Mobile
- Fun with “bleeding tissue paper” Art
- Beautiful Printable “Danish Heart” Rainbows
- Paper Rainbow Project
- Rainbow Paper Spinners (includes printable) or explore this colour theory spinning toy
- Gorgeous Rainbow Unicorn Hobby Horse
- The kids and I enjoyed exploring COLOUR THEORY with these Rainbow cookies
- Rainbow Pinata cake – every childhood should have one at some point!
- Rainbow Skittle Science (well probably more Rainbow SCIENCE than edible rainbows… hahahaha)
Rainbows Crafts for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Tissue Paper Jar project. Fun and easy and oh so pretty!
- Tissue Paper Rainbow Coffee Filters (so pretty!)
- These Cork Butterflies are super easy and fun to make!
- Why not go on a Rainbow Colour Hunt – a super easy activity to set up for kids on rainy days.
- Get your little ones to paint a rainbow with this easy finger paint recipe
- Toddler Rainbow Zip Busy Bag
- Paper Plate Rainbow Sewing Craft
- Stained Glass Rainbow DIY
Rainbow Crafts Gifts that Kids Can Make
- Rainbow Candle Holder – quirky and different
- Rainbow Vases – make a wonderful gift any time of year, so bright and cheerfulGorgeous Rainbow Unicorn Hobby Horse
Rainbow Crafts Video:
Many moons ago, we also had a fabulous “rainbow crafts hangout”, where you get to “see” some of the rainbow crafts shared below!
NOTE: this post was first published in January 2014, but we have been updating this post with fabulous new ideas for you!
Rainbow Crafts links
Red Ted Art:
1)These are adorable little Rainbow Waldorf Math Gnomes great fun to play and learn with (beginning of Video)
2) Love this upcycled Rainbow Tissue Paper Jar project. Fun and easy and oh so pretty! (1min)
3) I made these Rainbow Fairy Peg Dolls for my kids and we LOVE to play with them (1min 37 sec)
4) The now “famous” Rainbow cake – every childhood should have one at some point!! (2min 30sec)
5) Rainbow Cranes (3min 20sec)
6) Rainbow Paper Heart Garland (4min 10sec)
7) Rainbow Paper Wreath/ Frame (and white paper claws!) (4min 45sec)
8) Rainbow Paper Garland ( 5min 31 sec)
9) Paper Plate Rainbow Garden (5min 50sec)
10) Rainbow Bleed Art (7min)
11) Rainbow Needle Felting Art (8min 15sec)
13) Rainbow Cardboard Crown (10min 30sec)
14) TP Roll Rainbow Treat Box/ Mini Pinata (11min 45 sec)
15) Rainbow Bucket of Gold (13min Sec)
16) Rainbow Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bark (14min 11sec)
17) Rainbow Fruit Kebabs (15min)
18) Rainbow Beads Gift (with secret compartment) (15min 30)
Happy Rainbow Crafts Crafting!!!!!
More specifically, we have some great St Patrick’s Day Crafts for you to browse too!