We have a couple of fans from holidays abroad that Pip Squeak ADORES and is always playing with. So I thought it would be fun to have a go at making our own DIY Paper Fans. Paper Fans are pretty easy and inexpensive to make and you can make them in any design or colours or us plain paper even and decorate with pens and glitters. With our paper fans we also upcycled some of the kids Ice Lollie Sicks. Making it the perfect Summer Craft!!
These paper fans make a perfect addition to our DIY Paper Toys list – do check them out for some fun and quirky ideas! If you love Melon Crafts.. you make like our simple Melon Bookmarks or Melon Bowls too!
DIY Paper Fans (easy!) – Materials
- 2 sheets of A4 paper cut in half LENGTH WAYS (if you want to make the melons, you will need 1 green sheet and one white sheet too)
- Glue stick
- craft sticks or lollie sticks
- A little tape
- Pens (optional)
DIY Paper Fans (easy!) – How To:
Follow these practical video instructions or read the written instructions down below! Remember if in enjoy our videos, you can SUBSCRIBE to Red Ted Art for FREE! And see all the latest videos and designs as they go live!
I actually filmed this video 3 times! Now that is dedication for you!
Easy DIY Paper Fans – written instructions:
- Cut your A4 sheets of paper in half LENGTH WISE. You will only need 3 of these strips. But by all means experiment and use all four. For the MELON we cut 2 sheets of A4 of red paper. Then some strips in green (approx 2cm wide) and white (approx 1cm) a then using the glue stick stuck them all together to creat the melon piece colour order. We then added black seeds with a pen.
- Concertina fold each strip approx 1cm wide.
- Stick your three pieces together with a glue stick. Make sure they are stuck together firmly.
- Now bunch them all together to make them as flat as possible. And secure the BOTTOM of your paper with some sellotape.
- Glue a craft stick on either end.
- Carefully open up – and DONE! Gorgeous
Aren’t they lovely! Hope you enjoyed our Melon DIY Paper Fans and that you have a go!!!!
We have more DIY Paper Toys for your here:
We particularly LOVE these DIY Paper Spinners (great for learning about colour theory too!)
Also popular on Red Ted Art are these DIY Origami For Kids projects:
Enjoy your Paper Fans!!!!