Our love affair with Paper Quilling continues. I love how you can take something so simple as paper, and with some clever quilling techniques turn it into all sorts of wonderful quilling projects – from Butterfly Earrings, to wonderful quilled Christmas cards.. and today some summer jewelry DIYs – we are making DIY Watermelon Pendants and Pineapple Brooches. Quilling is something that you can teach the kids from a young age – there are some great quilling projects for kids out there, that introduce the basic concepts (we love these Paper Quilled Heart Cards) and later, as their dexterity improves, you can move onto more grown up projects. Like our Paper Quilled jewelry shared with you today!
Paper Quilling Jewellery – Watermelon Pendant – Materials:-
- Quilling strips of red, white, light green and dark green color of 5mm with.
- Pendant holder (jump rings)
- Quilling needle
- Black marker
How to make your Quilled Watermelon Pendant
1) Make a tight coil using 15 quilling strips of red color.
2) Take two white colored quilling strips and wrap it around the red tight coil. Then, take two light green colored quilling strips and repeat the same procedure, except over the white color.
3) Continue the process for the dark green colored strips to, just remember, that while wrapping it around the light green color, after one round of wrapping, put a pendant holder through the strip and continue to wrap. Every time you reach the pendant holder, pass the quilling strip through it and not over it. Once complete, stick the end of the paper.
4) Using a black marker, draw tiny dots all over the red tight coil and voilà! Your quilled watermelon pendant is ready!
If you are feeling inspired, why not check out our little Watermelon Earrings too -and see if you can come up with your own quilling pattern? They would go so well with your pendant!
The Quilled Watermelon Pendant also goes very well with our Paper Quilled Pineapple Brooches, don’t you think? Hop over now and see how the Pineapples are made!
You can find all our Easy Quilling Patterns here: