Aaaaah, I confess, we don’t have many St Patrick’s Day crafts here on Red Ted Art, it isn’t a “big day” here in the Uk, but we do have some Rainbow Crafts dotted around and I do like to pick out some crafts for those of you that DO like to celebrate and decorate for St Patrick’s Day. I try at least…. love a nice little paper craft for all seasons!
A few weeks ago, we made some super simple 3D Paper Hearts and a few of my readers suggested that they would look great as Paper Shamrocks for St Patrick’s Day.. so I thought I would give it a go for you!! What do you think?
To make these 3D Paper Shamrocks you will need:
- green paper (one A4 sheet used carefully will make 2)
- a little glue
To make these 3D Paper Shamrocks How To:
1) Begin by cutting out your paper hearts – make a “wider heart” than usual – as you will staple it in the middle and narrow it back down again. (Watch the video).
It is important that all 3 hearts are the same size. Maybe make yourself a template first and practice!
2) Cut a slit down the middle of the heart – approximately half way down. Fold back the flaps and staple in place.
3) Yup, your heart is finished. Repeat and make 2 more.
4) Cut a piece of green paper (left over from your main sheet). Apply a big blob of white/ pva glue and place the points of your heart on top. Let dry fully.
Enjoy! And wishing you all lots of good luck this Saint Patrick’s Day!
You may also like the following St Patrick’s Day Craft ideas:
Adorable Paper Quilling Shamrock Cards for Saint Patrick’s Day
or take a look at our Paper Shamrock Decoration for St Paddy’s Day
See all our St Patrick’s Day Crafts here: