Looking for Free Halloween Printables? We love the Day of the Dead celebration – I love the idea of celebrating the people who have passed, rather than mourning them… and to combine that ghoulish fascination with a burst of colour and fun.
We have shared a number of Day of the Dead DIYs in the past.. and have another one for you today – a Day of the Dead Paper Puppet, complete with skeleton template!! I know you have seen our Elf Paper Puppets (and probably our Bat Paper puppets too?), but what I REALLY like about this Skeleton Puppet DIY, is that you can customise it as much or as little as you wish.
These Day of the Dead Paper Puppets were first shared in October 2017 and have been updated and republished for your convenience.
I have created a basic Skeleton Paper Puppet Template for you – that you can embellish with flowers and hearts and anything you wish… AND it has an additional printable page – with Day of the Dead accessories – such as roses, marigolds, top hats and hair pieces. Add as much as little as you like… or maybe don’t “glue on your accessories”, but use blue tack… then you can swap them out to your heart’s content!!! Brilliant. How we love a Paper Puppet Template!!! Yay.
Whilst I have your Attention
All crafts supplied on this website are free for you to follow and read. Occassionally, I charge for the odd template, but the templates are not necessary for crafting! During this super uncertain time of Covid, if would like to show me additional support, there are number of ways you can really help me (and help continue with this free resource website!!):
- Follow me on YouTube (I am soooo keen to hit that 1mill subs milestone!)
- Sign up to my FREE weekly newsletter
- For Preschoolers – follow my FREE FB Group or join this newsletter
- Or if you wish, you can buy me a coffee!
Any, or all of the above are super helpful!!
Sugar Skull Puppets – Materials
Affiliat links have been added for you convenience, I may earn a small commission which will go towards the upkeep of the site and the cost of creating free templates for you to download
- Light Cardstock (paper will curl)
- Your free Day of the Dead Paper Puppet Template
- Pens for coloring (my kids’ favourite colouring pens are these US/ UK – every few years, I but them a new set)
- Glue stick (if you are using accessories)
- Hole punch (single hole hole punches are super handy US / UK)
- Brads/ split pins (US / UK)
- Bakers Twine (oh how I LOVE bakers twine) (US/ UK)
- A large pointy needle
If you would like printable worksheets for assembly instructions, including lesson plan overview AND 2 additional skeletons in different sizes (to go with the Funny Bones story book, as well as any lesson plans on growing bones and the human body), check out our printable 6 page pack on Teacher’s Pay Teachers.
How to make your Day of the Dead Puppet with Template