DIY Felt Heart Mobile
Today we have a GORGEOUS little DIY Felt Heart Mobile – these little felt hearts are just too cute (what is it about felt heart with faces, that make them so irresistible? Check out the DIY Felt Heart Brooch too!!!). Please do browse all the remaining and fantastic Valentine’s Day Crafts shared via the 31 Days of Love series. They are all simply stunning and beautiful!
Hello! Christine from Sewyeah.co.uk here. I’m very excited to share with you my little Heart Felt Mobile for Red Ted’s 31 Days of Love. If you like this project theres loads more on my instagram @sewyeah and at my blog sewyeah.co.uk. Enjoy!!
YOU WILL NEED?Felt in 5 colours – approximately 10 x 20cm ?Scissors?Water soluable pen or tailors chalk?Embroidery threads in black and various other colours?Embroidery needle?Bakers twine?Paper straw
1) Download the heart template here (depending on your printer, you may have to resize it first!), cut out and then pin to a piece of felt folded in two.
2) Cut out the felt heart. Then repeat with the other felt till you have hearts in five different colours (you will have 10 hearts in total)
3) On to one half of each heart pair draw eyes using a water soluable pen or tailors chalk. I’ve given each of my hearts a different expression.
4) Use black embroidery thread and sew the eyes onto each heart.
5) Use a contrasting colour of embroidery thread and stitch two matching felt hearts together. Blanket stitch works well and so does a more simple running stitch or over stitch. Leave a little opening at the top, fill with a small amount of toy stuffing then stitch closed.
6) Add some rosy cheeks by dipping the end of a cotton bud slightly dampened into a blusher compact. Dab the cotton bud onto the heart.
7) Thread a large needle with a longish length of bakers twine, sew through the top of the heart. Tie a bow then trim one end short and leave the other on the needle long to fix to the straw.
8 – Push the needle through the straw (try not to bend it as you go). Decide where you want the heart to hang then tie a double knot in the twine and trim. Make a hanging loop by threading a piece of twine about 50cm long through the straw at both ends. Knot to secure.
other projects you make like from Sew Yeah!
LOTS more Valentines Decorations Here: