Easy Cloud Craft for Kids – Raining Hearts
DIY Cloud & Hearts Wall Decor – Is your child getting to that age where they want to renovate their entire bedroom? DIYs can be a great way to change things up without breaking the bank! What’s more, it means your kid can create something specific to fit their own personal style. Here is a super lovely easy cloud craft for your child to make – using wool left overs and our favourite Toilet Paper Rolls!! This is a craft brought to you by Babysits.
It’s raining love! This dreamy cardboard cloud craft with pastel yarn hearts will not only be a lovely addition to your kid’s wall decor but it’s also easy to make (and you probably have most of the materials already). So let’s get started!
Yarn Wrapped Heart Clouds – Materials:
- Toilet paper roll
- Yarn (ours is cotton)
- White paint or paper
- Craft glue
How to make an easy cloud craft for Kids
Step by step instructions:
Yarn Wrapped TP Roll Hearts
- Cut 1cm circular strips out of your toilet paper roll. Cut as many strips as you would like hearts.
- To create the heart shape, take one of your circular strips and press it together to flatten it. You will now have two pointed ends. Press one point down to create the two “bumps” at the top of the heart. The other point will then be the bottom point of the heart.
- Next, take one of your cardboard hearts and apply glue to both sides. Take a length of yarn, press it against the inside of the heart and start wrapping it around. It’s better to do this in sections, to minimise stickiness and so that the glue doesn’t dry out before you can wrap the yarn around it. Do this for each heart, making sure that you have some excess thread to attach it to your cloud.
Note: Don’t worry too much about how much yarn you take, as you’ll want the hearts to be hanging at varying lengths and you can always cut off any excess thread. Even if your initial length of yarn is too short to wrap around the whole heart it’s easy to just cut off some more and continue where you left off!
Easy Paper Cloud:
- Cut a cloud shape out of the cardboard (we used an old cereal box).
- If your cardboard isn’t already white then you can now paint it white, or like us you can cut the same cloud shape out of white paper (x2) and glue it to either side of the cardboard.
- Cut a length of thread, double it up, and glue either end in position on the back of your cloud to create a hook so you can hang it on the wall. You can glue a small piece of cardboard on top of the ends of the yarn to help secure it in place. When cutting the length of the yarn keep in mind how high or low you’d like the craft to hang on your wall.
- Now position your yarn hearts where you’d like them to hang from the cloud. Here you can cut or double up on the yarn if you want the length to be shorter. Once you’re happy, glue the thread in place onto the back of your cloud.
And you’re done! Now you have some dreamy wall decor to spruce up your kid’s bedroom.
Did you enjoy making this cute cloud craft? Why not check out more fun DIYs created by the Babysits Team?
This article was written in collaboration with Babysits, the babysitting community in the UK. Check out more of Babysits ideas here:
Looking for more toilet paper roll crafts? Then you can check out more from Red Ted Art: